TXFJR

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

My score according to myFICO was 768 I think.  It went to 781 and has recently gone down to 748.  It would seem logical to me that CapitalOne would move the CL for the card I closed to the existing.  I have 2 other cards with 20K+ limits, one is AmEx Blue I have held for double digit years.  I am hesitant to call and ask Cap1 about this until after I have heard from others' experience.  Not a super big deal but I use Cap1 almost exclusively for foreign travel because of their exchange rate policy.  I travel about once every 18 mo. or so and got the Signature just before a trip to Italy.  It seemed to me a better rate than using a debit and paying a fee (those Europeans used their debits constantly and I wondered how they afforded the fee) Apologies for the digression.  So general concensus is no go on the request to merge 10+10=20K  ??  I hope I have not hijacked this thread, I thought if otheres were experiencing some form of liberal credit behavior from Cap1 I might benefit from the trend!

Contributor
johnnie198x

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

TXFJR wrote:

My score according to myFICO was 768 I think.  It went to 781 and has recently gone down to 748.  It would seem logical to me that CapitalOne would move the CL for the card I closed to the existing.  I have 2 other cards with 20K+ limits, one is AmEx Blue I have held for double digit years.  I am hesitant to call and ask Cap1 about this until after I have heard from others' experience.  Not a super big deal but I use Cap1 almost exclusively for foreign travel because of their exchange rate policy.  I travel about once every 18 mo. or so and got the Signature just before a trip to Italy.  It seemed to me a better rate than using a debit and paying a fee (those Europeans used their debits constantly and I wondered how they afforded the fee) Apologies for the digression.  So general concensus is no go on the request to merge 10+10=20K  ??  I hope I have not hijacked this thread, I thought if otheres were experiencing some form of liberal credit behavior from Cap1 I might benefit from the trend!

I think it would be difficult because you already closed the other credit card, so this isn't really recon, more like asking for CLI. I would still call, worth a try. You never know.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}