Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Amex BCE, now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Amex BCE, now what?

I've been lurking around this forum for a while and finally decided to sign up. I applied for the blue cash everyday last week on thanksgiving day and was approved.. I've been reading and I wish I had applied for the zync on the same day/same pull. Now that it's likely too late for that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on any other cards I maybe should apply for/ would be approved for before the Amex pull shows up? I've been thinking about the chase freedom but really wasn't sure. Here's my current accounts:

Wellsfargo student card- 800 limit
1fbusa student card 2250
Belk card 150
And now the bce ( I called and they said 2300)
I also have 20k in student loans reporting that's have not entered repayment yet because I'm still in school.
My AAoA is approx 1yr 6 months With nothing bad.

I got the acceptance letter from Amex which said my ex score was 745. I pulled my other two fico's a couple months ago and they were both right around 730. I believe I have 3 pulls on my eq/tu reports and once the Amex shows up then 4 on ex.

Any advice or tips would be great.. Thanks.

I posted this CC Forum.. Thought I'd see what you guys thought.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Got Amex BCE, now what?

Just don't app for anything else for at least 6 months and let your AAoA grow. Use your cards and PIF and you are good to go. GL and congrats.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been lurking around this forum for a while and finally decided to sign up. I applied for the blue cash everyday last week on thanksgiving day and was approved.. I've been reading and I wish I had applied for the zync on the same day/same pull. Now that it's likely too late for that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on any other cards I maybe should apply for/ would be approved for before the Amex pull shows up? I've been thinking about the chase freedom but really wasn't sure. Here's my current accounts:

Wellsfargo student card- 800 limit
1fbusa student card 2250
Belk card 150
And now the bce ( I called and they said 2300)
I also have 20k in student loans reporting that's have not entered repayment yet because I'm still in school.
My AAoA is approx 1yr 6 months With nothing bad.

I got the acceptance letter from Amex which said my ex score was 745. I pulled my other two fico's a couple months ago and they were both right around 730. I believe I have 3 pulls on my eq/tu reports and once the Amex shows up then 4 on ex.

Any advice or tips would be great.. Thanks.

I posted this CC Forum.. Thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Congrats on BCE!

The inquiry shows up immediately.  There's no way to app without lenders seeing it.  Depending on how many inquiries you have, you've got a great shot at Freedom with a 745 EX.

Message 3 of 6
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Have you received the BCE card in the mail yet?
Message 4 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

That's a really good score! 

I can't remember if it's Chase or Citi but I keep reading one of them wants to see at least 2 years of history.  Of course, there's always an exception or ten. 

Why did you want the Zync?  What will you use the card for so we can give better recommendations?  What kind of rewards do you like - cash, points, airline, etc.?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a rewards card yet so I'm not exactly sure. I'm thinking I'll like the cash back of the everyday. I spend the most of gas and restaurants so hopefully that'll eqaute well. I'm not sure why I wanted the zync I just thought I'd have a good chance. Really I was thinking the freedom or discover more but the reason I didn't go with those is because of the moving categories.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.