cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Approved for Barclays Rewards World Mastercard!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Got Approved for Barclays Rewards World Mastercard!!!

I got pre-selected offers for Barclays Rewards World Mastercard from the mail last weeks. The terms are pretty good.  0% purchases on APR for 12 months , 14.99% APR after that.  Earn 10,000 points after first purchase or balance transfer and earn extra 10,000 points after spending $750 within 90 days. Earn 2 points per $1 on gas, groceries and utilities. I applied online on Sunday and I didn't get instant approved. I called the backdoor number and I talked to a nice credit analyst. He told me he could process my application right away. He asked me the annual income, and my occupation. He also asked why I have so many cards within 2 years and it's for rewards. I told him I usually pay my card in full. He put me on hold for a minute. He told me I was approved for $5K.  I thought they were going to deny my appication because of the inquiries.

Ron.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Got Approved for Barclays Rewards World Mastercard!!!

Congrats. If I may ask how many inq's did u have and what was your fico?

Message 2 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Nice!! The only Barclay's backed card I have is the Trav Amex, which I love! I want to open another account with them though; they have great rewards and terms!:-)
'grats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@icu2_stl wrote:

Congrats. If I may ask how many inq's did u have and what was your fico?

Thanks. I have 11  inquiries within 2 years. I haven't checked my score lately. I think it's around 740-750. They pulled TU.

Ron.

Message 4 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Nice!! The only Barclay's backed card I have is the Trav Amex, which I love! I want to open another account with them though; they have great rewards and terms!:-)
'grats!

I also have Travelocity Amex. I didn't think I was going to get approve. I got denied for iTunes card last year.  I heard they don't like too many new accounts.

Ron.

Message 5 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just got an email. 

Dear Ron1, 

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard® brought to you by Barclaycard US. 

Shortly, we will be sending you everything you need to start using your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. In the meantime, you can set up online account access at www.BarclaycardUS.com. Once you've chosen your username and password, simply log in to:
• Check your available credit line.
• View your account balance and transaction summary.
• Check the status of any balance transfer(s) you may have requested or submit a new balance transfer after you have received and activated your card.
If you have any questions regarding your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard, please visitwww.BarclaycardUS.com, click CONTACT US to send your message securely. 

Thank you for choosing the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. Remember to start using your card as soon as you receive it. 

Sincerely, 

RJ Tayor
RJ Taylor
Head of Communications
Barclaycard US
Message 6 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

It didn't say I got approved for the World Mastercard. It's probaly the regular Platinum Mastecard. Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 7 of 15
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval Ron!!!! It looks like it has some great rewards/way to earn rewards, especially initially.. What is the difference between the Rewards World Mastercard and thePlatinum Mastercard?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 8 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Congrats on your approval Ron!!!! It looks like it has some great rewards/way to earn rewards, especially initially.. What is the difference between the Rewards World Mastercard and thePlatinum Mastercard?

Thanks!!I think it's almost the same and some extra benefits for World Mastercard. The World MC has no pre-spending limit and extra perks.By the way, I still couldn't get approved for BBVA Compass Clearpoints MC. It still told me I got a negative from EWS.  I already called EWS and they told me I don't have any negative. I called BBVA Compass and they told me they couldn't do anything to override.

Ron.

Message 9 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got denied for that stupid Itunes card too, even on recon w Barclay's haha. Oh well, love my fake Amex more :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.