Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Approved for Target Red Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Approved for Target Red Card

Hey all

Got approved in the store for the Target Red Card, but not the Visa.  Does anyone know if this card will report to the bureaus because it is not a VISA/MC?
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Approved for Target Red Card

Yes...it does. I've had one for a couple of years. I recently heard that they no longer give credit limit increases..................Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  I am trying to only apply for cards that make sense to have and I can do a couple of things with this card.
Message 3 of 34
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

One thing I found out is Retailers/Target is no longer a BK friendly card. Was denied due to a 9 y/o BK and I have a 610 TU score.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then I must be lucky because I got the Target Red Card/ not Visa with a BK7 2001 discharged.
Message 5 of 34
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. and if you are good they will automatically upgrade you to the Visa within a year. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool,  I didn't know that.  That might be really good for me.

Thanks

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a Target Red Card? Is it one of those retail cards where you can only use at Target? I want one of those!!! lol
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is a Target Red Card? Is it one of those retail cards where you can only use at Target? I want one of those!!! lol

Yes

From what I've heard the *upgrade* is really a 2nd card and a 2nd TL. So you wind up keeping your Red card but then also give you their CC.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hearts what score and what CRA did they pull? Sounds like a good card to have.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.