Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Approved for Target Red Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Approved for Target Red Card

im suprised to. I called them and asked for an increase, they did the old (well there auto. reviewed blah blah)   200 limit for over a year............   I guess I could help thing by using the card...
Message 21 of 34
demitasse03
Valued Member

Think it's worth it for me to apply with these scores?
TU 535   EX 524  EQ 526

Still working on paying off a few small collections.
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

tpayne105 wrote:
Just got a CLI on my Regular Target card from $200 to $500...I didn't ask.....I am surprised...

Good job!! That is normal if your account is in good standing. They will grant you a CLI on their own terms. You can not call in and request one. And so far, 500.00 is the highest credit limit I've seen. My red card has been at that limit for nearly 2 years....perfect payment history!

Has anybody seen a higher CL than 500.00 on the Red Card...not the Target visa??? Just curious.
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK was discharged in January 07, got approved for my Target Red card in April 07 w/o even applying for it with an initial cl of $200, was just increased w/o my knowledge or asking to a cl $500 in June 07. They seem pretty BK friendly to me and seem to still give cl increases.
Message 24 of 34
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I have my card for two years never had a increase. was always in good standing too. never defaulted
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a red card in February for $200 CL. Never used it until about a month ago, spent something like $7.09, and before I even got the bill for that, received a letter from them saying they were going to send me the $1000 Visa - because "you're such a valued customer." The letter said I had until Aug 16 or something to let them know if I did not want that card otherwise, they'd send it.

I had BK 7 discharged in August '04, scores probably 630's or so at this point (haven't checked in a few months), and I'm carrying too much CC debt given my history. So from reading this thread, their criteria seems pretty arbitrary to me...

Message 26 of 34
lost2007
Valued Member

I got approved also $200.00 store card, just applied online. Called the customer service rep b/c I couldn't wait for the 48hr time frame they gave me..... Thanx everyone ...

and myhearts for the contact info...
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a card about 8 months ago, no logo. I have to think they do report. They just raised my limit to $1000.
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

For all you people thinking of applying:

"A FICO score of at least 543 is recommended for a higher chance of approval for the Target REDcard® Store Card, but is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval." - Financeglobe.com  

Their information is based off 37 reviews by people who have applied. I also want to note in general that in-store credit cards can lower your credit score by up to 22 points! I highly suggest you do not mess around with them. My personal only exceptio n would be if my bill exceeds about $600, to save the approval comp of 10%. If you're new to credit or have bad history I suggest you talk to your bank. Try going to a smaller bank, such as a local credit union. However if you do find a better offer and think your chances of being accepted are high, then pay off your current balances before switching. Do not ever let your credit balance exceed over 50% of your limit, this will reflect your credit score a lot. Also never make just the minimum payment, you need to make sure you're always paying double the minimum payment or more. To be honest I feel really blessed right now. After reading some of your posts. I am only 18 with a 702 credit score. 

Also while in school I am currently employed with Target. As a Target cashier we're basically required a REDcard about every other swift. Now we do not gain ANY kind of commission. My store gets about 4-20 a day. 

If you have any questions or concerns please do ask.

- Joe 

Message Edited by Joeyman on 04-15-2009 01:16 AM
Message Edited by Joeyman on 04-15-2009 01:16 AM
Message 29 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks for the info!

I'd like to point out, though, that getting a store card, per se, is not going to drop your scores 22 points. Getting any new credit will drop most people's scores initially, and the amount varies. And if you have no pure store cards --if everything in your wallet has a Visa, MC, Discover, or AmEx logo on it --a non-co-branded store card might actually raise your scores, which I find strange, but several folks have reported it happening to them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.