Valued Contributor

Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! :smileyhappy: thank you Jesus! Lol!

(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)---> EQ 640,EX 666,TU 657
$85,680 avail credit- plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

pizza1 wrote:

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! :smileyhappy: thank you Jesus! Lol!

Bravo shred away 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Member

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

Frequent Contributor

Feather_Hat wrote:

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

Big fee and big interest for sure

photo CashBackCards_Page_1_zpse840d151.jpg
Valued Contributor

Thanks my journey!! :smileyhappy: lol

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at all:smileywink:
Valued Contributor

pizza1 wrote:

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at all:smileywink:

LOL... While there may be extenuating circumstances for some folks who have no alternative, sure.  But, as there are better options for the masses who are building/rebuilding, then FP or CO should be avoided.  Don't even save the cardboard CC that comes enclosed in the envelope :robotlol:

Established Member

pizza1 wrote:

lol i actually did some googling about them..

i can't believe how many FEES they can put loll

so many fees after fees lol..

Valued Contributor

Feather hat.... I know!! Right?!! Oh and I forgot the best part.....36% interest!! Say what??!! Lmfaorofl!!!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.