Reply
Valued Contributor
pizza1
Posts: 1,278
Registered: ‎07-17-2013
0

Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! :smileyhappy: thank you Jesus! Lol!

BK 7 D/C: 08/19/13~FICO-400's---> 09/14~EQ 659,EX 641,TU 650
NFCU loc-$15k|NFCU visa-$10k|Barclays-$2.8k|Cap one $2k|Wmart-$750|JCP-$1k|Jcrew-$4,250|Loft-$700|Gap-$200|76 gas-$300|Amazon store-$700
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,351
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)


pizza1 wrote:

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! :smileyhappy: thank you Jesus! Lol!


Bravo shred away 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Longroad
Posts: 442
Registered: ‎11-17-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)


Feather_Hat wrote:

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

 

 


Big fee and big interest for sure

Valued Contributor
pizza1
Posts: 1,278
Registered: ‎07-17-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

Thanks my journey!! :smileyhappy: lol

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at all:smileywink:
BK 7 D/C: 08/19/13~FICO-400's---> 09/14~EQ 659,EX 641,TU 650
NFCU loc-$15k|NFCU visa-$10k|Barclays-$2.8k|Cap one $2k|Wmart-$750|JCP-$1k|Jcrew-$4,250|Loft-$700|Gap-$200|76 gas-$300|Amazon store-$700
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,350
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)


pizza1 wrote:
Thanks my journey!! :smileyhappy: lol

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at all:smileywink:

LOL... While there may be extenuating circumstances for some folks who have no alternative, sure.  But, as there are better options for the masses who are building/rebuilding, then FP or CO should be avoided.  Don't even save the cardboard CC that comes enclosed in the envelope :robotlol:

Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)


pizza1 wrote:
Thanks my journey!! :smileyhappy: lol

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at all:smileywink:

lol i actually did some googling about them..

i can't believe how many FEES they can put loll

so many fees after fees lol..

Valued Contributor
pizza1
Posts: 1,278
Registered: ‎07-17-2013
0

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

Feather hat.... I know!! Right?!! Oh and I forgot the best part.....36% interest!! Say what??!! Lmfaorofl!!!
BK 7 D/C: 08/19/13~FICO-400's---> 09/14~EQ 659,EX 641,TU 650
NFCU loc-$15k|NFCU visa-$10k|Barclays-$2.8k|Cap one $2k|Wmart-$750|JCP-$1k|Jcrew-$4,250|Loft-$700|Gap-$200|76 gas-$300|Amazon store-$700

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+