tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Got Cabela's VISA and didn't even realize it

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  That was an enjoyable read too!  

You also gave me a 2nd reason to give you kudos:  What do you think the odds of that last part with BoA happening are?  I IIBed BoA, and wonder what would happen if I got the Cabelas Visa and things played out as you described.  Does anyone have any guesses?   Either way, great analysis, and something that obviously interested me.  

Message 12 of 17
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You also gave me a 2nd reason to give you kudos:  What do you think the odds of that last part with BoA happening are?  I IIBed BoA, and wonder what would happen if I got the Cabelas Visa and things played out as you described.  Does anyone have any guesses?   Either way, great analysis, and something that obviously interested me.  

Earlier tonight, I asked my friend, who works in private equity, what his thoughts were. 

He said the buyout is likely happening soon, which means B of A theoretically takes over the credit card portfolio. 

I know a lot of people are upset by this potential change in lenders, but that's their problem, not mine. Am I supposed to feel bad because they burned a lender with a charge off, or a BK? 

Message 13 of 17
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Cabela's owns their own bank (World's Foremost Bank) which does their credit card.  I was reading on this alleged takeover that Bass Pro would take that over as well,  if that was the case they would be servicing their own accounts.   Who really knows if this is true?   Which if it is,  I wonder what that would do in my town,  we are slated to have a Cabela's and  Bass Pro Shop opening in the next year.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Earlier tonight, I asked my friend, who works in private equity, what his thoughts were. 

He said the buyout is likely happening soon, which means B of A theoretically takes over the credit card portfolio. 

I know a lot of people are upset by this potential change in lenders, but that's their problem, not mine. Am I supposed to feel bad because they burned a lender with a charge off, or a BK? 

I hear you on that last part!  To be clear, I didn't want anyone feeling bad for any reason. Smiley Happy  I'm just curious what would happen to me if I got a Cabela's Visa and BoA ended up replacing the product.  Would I simply be banned, or would I get a BoA card?  The BK was discharged 4 yrs ago, the BoA IIB i think has a date of last activity of maybe 5.5 yrs ago, if either of those would be relevant.

I actually was doing kind of the opposite of what it said in your post.  I was looking at this from an opportunistic angle, not complaining.  If someone were to say I'd have a shot, I might target this as my next card, if that makes sense.  I figured I'd dangle it out there(no Cabela's pun intended), and see what anyone had to say.  Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!  

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:

Cabela's owns their own bank (World's Foremost Bank) which does their credit card.  I was reading on this alleged takeover that Bass Pro would take that over as well,  if that was the case they would be servicing their own accounts.   Who really knows if this is true?   Which if it is,  I wonder what that would do in my town,  we are slated to have a Cabela's and  Bass Pro Shop opening in the next year.

Thanks for that info!  I don't know if my idea sounded silly to begin with, but if that is true it kind of nullifies my motive.  You folks are definitely ripe with knowledge..... unless you are some sort of "plant", meant on deterring folks with a plan like mine.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congratulations!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.