Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got CapOne deposit refund back quick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got CapOne deposit refund back quick

Closed my Capital One secured card on Feb 22nd, which I opened in October 2015. Just received the deposit refund check in the mail today. Pretty quick! Figured I'd post this in case anyone wanted to know how quick they would receive theirs. I gave up on getting my card graduated and hadn't used it since August of last year.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Got CapOne deposit refund back quick

Nice , ours unsecured after 11 mths , it's nice to see that Cap One is making some changes regarding thier secured cards. CONGRATS
Message 2 of 9
LadyCupcakes
Established Member

Good to know. I closed mine on the 24th (tired of waiting too). Hopefully I'll have my deposit refund on Tuesday.
BK Ch7 Filed 3/24/2023 ; Est Discharge Date: 6/23/2023
FICO Scores as of 4/19/2023: EX-559, TU-459, EQ-487

FICO Scores as of 6/17/2023: EX-573, TU-551, EQ-615
Car loan with a 5.9% APR reaffirmed
Burned Cap1, Citi, Amex, Synch, Commenity, BOA, Mercury, Discover, Upstart.
Message 3 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Nice! It took me two months to get mine back and I had to go through the EO
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great to hear LASmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! These reports of Cap 1 unsecuring and giving back deposits must give hope to many of the Cap 1 secured card holders out there.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news! These reports of Cap 1 unsecuring and giving back deposits must give hope to many of the Cap 1 secured card holders out there.

To be clear, I cancelled my card. I was just stating that it didn't take long to get my deposit back in the mail after closing my account. I sure wish my card would have been graduated instead.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be clear, I cancelled my card. I was just stating that it didn't take long to get my deposit back in the mail after closing my account. I sure wish my card would have been graduated instead.

Ooooops. Reading comprehension is key. Smiley Embarassed

Going through posts too fast is not a good thing.Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for the correction. And still glad you got the refund back so quickly. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chatting right now to see about getting mine unsecured. Even if they don't, I don't feel like cancelling it. It's my oldest card. Hoping to PC it to a QS at some point, so I'd actually have a reason to use it.

Edit: No dice. The 12th statement was cut a little over a week ago. FICO's ranging from 705-714. Card has been used as a Netflix only card for the last 6 straight months. Overall, tiny utilization and on-time payments.

I'm growing more and more convinced that Capital One is content to just be a starter card only for a lot of people, for some reason. I was grateful for the secured card when I needed to start building credit. My plan was to stick with Capital One products and use them for a long time. Around month 7, I became interested in getting a card with some rewards. CapOne said no, but right around that time, Chase and Citi both said yes. At that moment, it became very unlikely that I'd ever use a Capital One card in any meaningful way.

It just seems like they are wasting a great product in the secured card that so many new people like to get. They get these people, and it seems it would be sensible for CapOne to want to get a solid rewards card in their wallet fairly quickly, instead of waiting for Chase/Citi/Discover to snipe them with superior products. I'd bet a ton of people would be happy to get and use a QS. I would have. But once they get a Chase/Citi/Discover, there's really no point in burning 3 hard pulls for the QS.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.