Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Chased Away by Chase

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Got Chased Away by Chase

So I've been looking at the Chase Slate card as I thought it would be a good one to have in case I decide to take advantage of their BT promo since I'm getting ready for a move and may have some expenses I want to float for a bit.

I apped and was instantly approved online, but for only $500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm so bummed, I called to recon the limit knowing it would mean another HP and I called the backdoor number and talked to a really nice man, then he transfered me to I think a front line CSR to run a CLI application. It came back as pending, so she transfered me to the lending dept.

I spoke with a very serious sounding woman, the all business type...  She went over my CR and asked some questions. Then said they could not extend more credit at this time. Smiley Sad 

I am very bummed over this because I can't think of anything I can do with a Slate with a little $500 CL. Plus I received two new HP for it!   I should of known better than to try Chase as they gave me a tiny $500 limit last year when I was approved for the Freedom card and I tried to recon that limit as well and was denied.  I think they pulled EX both times and it is my worst report. What's even worse is I knew they would pull EX and I apped any way.

I'm super open to any suggestions of what to do know.  I guess I'll just SD the card and let it sit until they decide to increase the limit. it's way too small of a line to do much with.

What do you all think, will the new HP's and small limit account being added look bad to my other creditors?  I'm just shaking I'm so bewildered I really feel like I screwed up and deep down I knew I was when I did it....

Here's hoping for some sound advice

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got Chased Away by Chase

Try to recon again, you already took the hp.  If that still doesn't work, I guess you could move some of your Freedom CL. 

Message 2 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Try to recon again, you already took the hp.  If that still doesn't work, I guess you could move some of your Freedom CL. 

If I try to recon again will that mean yet another HP?  What number do you think I should call?  I called Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) this last time and the man that answered I'm not sure what dept he was in, but all he did was transfer me to what I think was frontline...

Message 3 of 13
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Good luck! I hope you get it.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Sorry guys to ask a question on Broka Toe's thread ... but I just got approved for Freedom 4k and Slate 2k within a few days.

Could I ask Chase to transfer ths 2k to my Freedom and cancel the slate? Thanks.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 5 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would not even try another recon it will be another hard pull. Have you received a letter from Chase on why they were not able to give you a higher limit with your original attempt or recon?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are reconning the CLI it should not be another hp.  However, what were the reasons for denial?

Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@amdm2013 wrote:
Sorry guys to ask a question on Broka Toe's thread ... but I just got approved for Freedom 4k and Slate 2k within a few days.

Could I ask Chase to transfer ths 2k to my Freedom and cancel the slate? Thanks.

Yes, you can move lines. Sometimes they keep $500 on the card before they close the TL. 

Message 8 of 13
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lexie! Smiley Happy
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 9 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

What I'm thinking is while I'm apping, and I haven't apped for anything since Feb of 2013, just a Walmart Discover upgrade.

But was thinking I might go for the Barclay Rewards card. I did the pre-approval link and it said I was pre-selected for the Barclay Rewards card with 0% for 12 months and 14.99% after that.

Do you think I should do this?  I know they pull TU and that's my best report by far. no baddies and perfect payment history AAoA around 6 years etc.   Plus I really was looking for a MC since I don't have one.

Do you think I would be approved?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.