Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Educated Today By NFCU... Scoring 101

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Got Educated Today By NFCU... Scoring 101

So I go to try for my sweet 2.99 bal transfer but my current NFCU CC limit is not high enough, .. off to the CLI call line I go::

get the 24hr wait line... no problem I'm good I'll wait (new card about 7 mo's 25-50%utl) which really doesn't mean "that" much to NFCU when CLI'ing it's the payment history and usage they look at (IMC)

Call back today to check out my status because I don't see the new LOC on the site (knew it was done!) so I really called to find out why... and class was in!

BNI !!!!! WHAT? what the heck is B.N.I. so that's when the CSR and myself started looking into it::

I have a BK7 from '04 and 7 TL's open with 23%UTL on all combined, a personal loan (brand new) with NFCU and one CA till 2012. 

Those things obviously contributed to the EQ's B.N.I. which was low for me - Man Sad

I'm not angry, "hey" NFCU has given me a great start and still continues to blow me away (i.e.. personal loan they just approved) but I will still write the committee to inform them of my desire to have a CL with NFCU in the high 4 digits and one day 5, and not to allow USAA to beat them getting there loll.  Seriously I just wanted to share the experience because I learned something new today.

The darn B.N.I. got me this trip, but I'll be ready next time 12/2012 when it (BK7) is Bye Bye!!!!!

Oh yeah...

Bankruptcy Navigation Index   (just Google it there's some great info and insight into this scoring algorithm)

O6, llecs, RobertEG, wolf3, Hauling,  how come you didn't "hip me" to this ? LOLLLLL

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Educated Today By NFCU... Scoring 101

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

So I go to try for my sweet 2.99 bal transfer but my current NFCU CC limit is not high enough, .. off to the CLI call line I go::

get the 24hr wait line... no problem I'm good I'll wait (new card about 7 mo's 25-50%utl) which really doesn't mean "that" much to NFCU when CLI'ing it's the payment history and usage they look at (IMC)

Call back today to check out my status because I don't see the new LOC on the site (knew it was done!) so I really called to find out why... and class was in!

BNI !!!!! WHAT? what the heck is B.N.I. so that's when the CSR and myself started looking into it::

I have a BK7 from '04 and 7 TL's open with 23%UTL on all combined, a personal loan (brand new) with NFCU and one CA till 2012. 

Those things obviously contributed to the EQ's B.N.I. which was low for me - Man Sad

I'm not angry, "hey" NFCU has given me a great start and still continues to blow me away (i.e.. personal loan they just approved) but I will still write the committee to inform them of my desire to have a CL with NFCU in the high 4 digits and one day 5, and not to allow USAA to beat them getting there loll.  Seriously I just wanted to share the experience because I learned something new today.

The darn B.N.I. got me this trip, but I'll be ready next time 12/2012 when it (BK7) is Bye Bye!!!!!

Oh yeah...

Bankruptcy Navigation Index   (just Google it there's some great info and insight into this scoring algorithm)

O6, llecs, RobertEG, wolf3, Hauling,  how come you didn't "hip me" to this ? LOLLLLL

Thank you, 20/20 for the valuable lesson.  I never knew there was a BNI. 

By the way, did NFCU do a hard pull for your CLI?

Message 2 of 3
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got Educated Today By NFCU... Scoring 101

Thank you, 20/20 for the valuable lesson.  I never knew there was a BNI. 

By the way, did NFCU do a hard pull for your CLI?

Hey O6,

No they didn't do a Hard Pull on me for the CLI (they would've though because I requested one) but because they just had one done for the Personal Loan my guess is that they just used that one because I have no alerts on them at all for a 2nd pull.

I did however see a 'soft pull' on me about a month ago but my utl was in the high 80% so I didn't get that auto CLI. 

As for the B.N.I. no problem, I've been reading up on that myself all evening it's obviously very popular with EQ and a handfull of CU's.   NFCU being one of them.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.