Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Ex FICO from AmEx!

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Re: Got Ex FICO from AmEx!

I just got my letter as well. My EX Fico score was 754, and I had a Chase inquiry one day before Amex! I have been approved for BCP with 15K limit.

My reasons are pretty much the same:

•  Length of time accounts have been established.
  •  Lack of recent installment loan information.
  •  Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.
  •  No recent revolving balances.
  •  Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

So I guess only the 4th reason is different than yours.

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 21 of 37
quest208
Frequent Contributor

what does amex consider "too many inquiries"

is 1 too many?

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 22 of 37
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

what does amex consider "too many inquiries"

is 1 too many?

Evidently cause I had one also.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 23 of 37
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

Oddest thread derailment of Dec '11Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SimonP wrote:

I just got my letter as well. My EX Fico score was 754, and I had a Chase inquiry one day before Amex! I have been approved for BCP with 15K limit.

My reasons are pretty much the same:

•  Length of time accounts have been established.
  •  Lack of recent installment loan information.
  •  Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.
  •  No recent revolving balances.
  •  Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

So I guess only the 4th reason is different than yours.

Very nice, Congrats on the BCP, it's an excellent cash rewards card, and very nice CL as well.

Congrats and Happy Holidays.

Message 25 of 37
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

766! After an INQ from Chase. (Guess it would have been higher, I'm amazed, I thought Ex was the harshest of three CRAs)

I just wish chase included an Ex FICO to compare.

Key factors that affected my score:

Too few accounts paid as agreed. (Guess that means I have too few accounts period..)

Lack of recent installment loan information (I never had one.. Don't know how this really affects my score, unless they want me to have one?)

Length of time accounts have been established (Guess 2.4rs IS pretty short..)

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months (I had one at Chase, thats too many??)

Okay so I guses thats a lesson for me in the future.. Apply for AmEx 1yr or so apart from other INQ..

Let my accounts age...

Get an installment loan?? (Uh..?)

I hope 3 accounts will break me out of the "too few accounts"..

OP has a 766 EX FICO with only a 2.5 year credit history? That's gotta be a record of some sort - what are your EQ and TU FICOs?

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 37
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@andyaycw wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

766! After an INQ from Chase. (Guess it would have been higher, I'm amazed, I thought Ex was the harshest of three CRAs)

I just wish chase included an Ex FICO to compare.

Key factors that affected my score:

Too few accounts paid as agreed. (Guess that means I have too few accounts period..)

Lack of recent installment loan information (I never had one.. Don't know how this really affects my score, unless they want me to have one?)

Length of time accounts have been established (Guess 2.4rs IS pretty short..)

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months (I had one at Chase, thats too many??)

Okay so I guses thats a lesson for me in the future.. Apply for AmEx 1yr or so apart from other INQ..

Let my accounts age...

Get an installment loan?? (Uh..?)

I hope 3 accounts will break me out of the "too few accounts"..

OP has a 766 EX FICO with only a 2.5 year credit history? That's gotta be a record of some sort - what are your EQ and TU FICOs?

Check Siggy.

I've never had an AU account reporting.

Edit: Although my mom has been an AU on my HSBC card since I got it, I don't know if that matters at all..

Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 27 of 37
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

Thank you all! Credit education from these forums is <3! Glad I came here before I friviously applied at random places lol.

Maaannnnn. Wish I would have known about ther forum here.  I surely would not have 21 inquiries and all of them from this year.  Guess, Im ending this year with a bang.LOL 

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 37
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Need opinions:

4-8 mo down the line, should I apply for the Sapphire (Preffered) card? (Most likely want my cards to age a bit first..)

I have a trip planned to Vegas in Aug for the Star Trek Convention..

Going to be dining out alot, going to have to order plane tickets, dining out ect...

Is it worth it just to keep for a year? (Cancel before AF, or try to get AF waived for good payment history and banking with Chase)

___

Also, think the Walmart store card is worth apping for just for the TU08 FICO? (Most likely going to App for this after my trip.. I don't have a NEED to know what it is..) I have a general idea with the CK TransRisk score of 764 and my TU98 FICO below.

Message 29 of 37
CS800
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Installment loans carry more weight in FICO scoring as they tend to be for a long period of time and they demonstrate that you meet your commitments over that time.  They are a better indicator of your reliability as a debtor.  In order of importance and heavier weighting for FICO scoring:

Mortgage

Installment Loans

Credit Cards (Bank)

Retail Cards

+1

This is how it is ranked on Experian

Is this from the EX website? Remember that the scores and credit advice from EX are to be ignored. The PLUS score formula looks at factors much differently than FICO scoring.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Yes EX ranks it this way .Credit cards are third on the list.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.