Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got First Credit Card - Next Step?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Got First Credit Card - Next Step?

If you app cap1 journey you'll end up with a 500 limit that will turn to 750 in 6 months and stay there. Lol.
Message 11 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@JSU, lol how are you gonna complain that WF gave everyone a higher limit than you, when CAP1 gave YOU a higher limit than 99.99% of the population. Lol im just messing with you, though I an envious of your cap1 limit.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 23
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I never heard of getting denied from a secured card lol. I mean what's the risk? Nice credit limit on the WF student card. Just pif and keep utilization low every month. Then you will be on a good path.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 13 of 23
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
@Anonymous, lol how are you gonna complain that WF gave everyone a higher limit than you, when CAP1 gave YOU a higher limit than 99.99% of the population. Lol im just messing with you, though I an envious of your cap1 limit.Smiley Wink

Today I learned I am the 0.01%.

Message 14 of 23
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I may wait until it reports just so another lender can see that someone else approved it. It does not guarantee you will get another card, but it cannot hurt anything. I also would not be concerned about inquiries when your history is so little. If you shop at any stores, that would be a good card to get in my opinion. That is where I started and am glad that I did.

Message 15 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@swampsystems, lol what did they give you? I want to be part of that 0.01% Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 23
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
@SwampSystems, lol what did they give you? I want to be part of that 0.01% Smiley Sad

I went from a $300 Visa and a $500 MC to a $6,000 Visa and a $5,000 MC. I also have friends with Venture cards and several thousand in limits.

Message 17 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Just my own advice......if I were you I going to go back to WF and ask them for a secured CC because they already hard pull ........so there won't be another one .......and might ask well wait till those two post on your account about 2 3 months then app for some store card or sears or maybe gas card........ maybe 3 line of credit would be the best for your score and please don't screw them all up like us lol..........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:
@SwampSystems, lol what did they give you? I want to be part of that 0.01% Smiley Sad

I went from a $300 Visa and a $500 MC to a $6,000 Visa and a $5,000 MC. I also have friends with Venture cards and several thousand in limits.

my freind went to cabelas with 100 dollars worth of purchases and they asked if he wanted to apply he said sure. they gave him an 8k limit with to my knoweldge no history. he doesn't want to pull his reports. im sure he's an au on some of his parents accounts or something. 

i went in with best buy 14 month history 2500 limit and macy's im not sure what the limit was but had it for a year. and they denied me because lack of credit accounts. 

and got the 7-10 day. at that point i had no idea what a recon number was. but luckily since i built those other cards so far i have not needed to use one. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 19 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@swamp, im still waiting on my call from exec office to see if there are gonna do something. They requested some financials before they come to a decision, so i guess it looks like i have a "decent" shot at joining youSmiley Wink

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.