Did you mean: 

Got Former Orchard Card Upgraded to Quicksilver

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got Former Orchard Card Upgraded to Quicksilver

@09Lexie wrote:
@Anonymous

My DH got his OB upgraded with no AF and no HP. He did go the EO route however.

Hmm, going to have to search through some threads tomorrow afternoon and see if PC's with Cap One typically are SP or HP.  It's worth a shot since think have about tapped out my Amex CLI ability and 1.5% cash back is better than what I have for default spending these days.

Thanks Lex

        
Message 11 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats but two questions:

Did it upgrade to the AF or the no AF version?

Was there a HP to do the PC or was it on a soft?

Been considering trying to trade up on my current card and it I can do it without inquiry damage, probably worth asking sooner rather than later as the AF on the second-tier quicksilver is lower than my Cap One Plat nee Orchard.

Relevate:

Sorry to get back to you a little late, but it was upgraded to the no AF version (i actually got my AF removed by the EO way back when), and to boot it's being upgraded to the World Mastercard!

There was no HP, as far as I know, but I'll double check equifax in a little bit to ensure that there wasn't! I did it all via chat!

Message 12 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I just got the upgrade offer to Quicksilver but it doesn't specify World or Signature. The rep said it's Visa Signature but my existing former HSBC account is a Platinum MC. Anyway how long before it reflected the new product on your online account? Mine still shows the old card.

Message 13 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I just got the upgrade offer to Quicksilver but it doesn't specify World or Signature. The rep said it's Visa Signature but my existing former HSBC account is a Platinum MC. Anyway how long before it reflected the new product on your online account? Mine still shows the old card.

mxp: I would go with the rep said. Previous posts I've read about Cap One upgrades indicate that as long as you go through the modify your features or front line reps, upgrades with credit lines of $5k+ will result in an upgrade from Platinum-Signature/World

It has not reflected the new account online; my rep let me know that the benefits and product change won't be reflected for 7-10 business days, but I do see the cash rewards underneath my "Platinum Mastercard" account. When I click it, it says there's an error and to call a rep if I wanted more information.

Message 14 of 17
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

I tried through chat and phone with no luck. I emailed exec so I'm waiting to talk to them.
EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 15 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:
I tried through chat and phone with no luck. I emailed exec so I'm waiting to talk to them.

Best of luck!

I didn't have much luck either. I usually ask around the middle of each month for giggles and was super happy it actually worked this time!

Also, Relevate: I did not receive a hard pull.

Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the confirmation!

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.