austinxsocal

Got Invited for Green Card after two months of Amex Prepaid

Hey everyone this is my first post after reading all the helpful posts on the forum for a year now.

I got the Amex Prepaid card on 06/09/12 and spent a $1000 on it since then. I only got a prepaid because i heard about the "Make Your Move" progam they have. Last week on August 16th I received an invitation from Amex to apply for their Green Card. It said I was "Pre Selected". I applied right away and was instantly approved. I was denied in the past for a Zync card last summer in July and again for a Gold Card last December. So excited to join the Amex family. Here is some background

Age: 19, student at community college, unemployed with income. Filled in app as student with $12,000 income (parents give me $1000/month)

Credit history: Cap One Secured with $1000 limit - 1 year 2 months old when I applied

Had 3-5 inquiries on all three reports. Only 1 inquiry in last 6 months. 

I had high balance of $750 a few months ago. But when i applied it was 7% Utilization.

I checked my TransUnion FICO here with myfico and was 743 the day before I applied. 728 on CreditKarma

Anyway really suprised i was approved. Thought i would share for those who are using the Amex Prepaid card to build a relationship with Amex and hopefully be invited to apply.

AMEX GREEN, CAP ONE SECURED ($1000)
Regular Contributor
CK_Charles_Lover

Re: Got Invited for Green Card after two months of Amex Prepaid

Wow great! Congrats! People are gonna love this. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Revelate

[ Edited ]

Two Amex prepaid -> invitations.

Both with FICO's north of 700.

I mean no offense to anyone chasing this, but both candidates were pretty much guarunteed approvals for Amex charge cards anyway.  I'm not very impressed if all they're going to do is offer charge cards to people who were likely qualified for revolvers anyway :smileywink:.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Crashem

I agree.  I think using preselector on Amex website will get you same result.  Only thing interesting here isthat op has extremely thin file.  Wonder if Amex has lowered standards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Frequent Contributor
Mailak

I just got an invite to apply for Green, too. Of course, I already have one, so one has to wonder what kind of targetting they're really doing.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (18k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (14k), Discover More (10k), Macy's (700).
Revelate

[ Edited ]

Crashem wrote:

I agree.  I think using preselector on Amex website will get you same result.  Only thing interesting here isthat op has extremely thin file.  Wonder if Amex has lowered standards.

Isn't one year credit history to Amex charge card fairly common?  That was the requirements on the old Discover More / Freedom / Delta Skymiles (at least several years ago when I got a pre-approval letter after my old secured card graduated).  May still be the typical requirements for the above-mentioned cards, and arguably all three are better than a Green depending on spending profile.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}