cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Luv from Chevron/Texaco

tag
ficoChanger

Got Luv from Chevron/Texaco

In order to reduce my utilization ratio on my Chevron/Texaco card (part of GEMB), I asked for a credit line increase online.  I have had the card for 6 months and they instantly bumped up my credit limit $200 to $650.  I still think that is really low since one fill up uses about 6% of my balance and I want to stay under 10%.  But hey, a credit increase is a credit increase and I'll take what I can get.  Woohoo!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Got Luv from Chevron/Texaco

GEMB has been good to me with CLI's too!  Smiley Happy

Congrats on the bump & keep up the good work.  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@ficoChanger wrote:
In order to reduce my utilization ratio on my Chevron/Texaco card (part of GEMB), I asked for a credit line increase online.  I have had the card for 6 months and they instantly bumped up my credit limit $200 to $650.  I still think that is really low since one fill up uses about 6% of my balance and I want to stay under 10%.  But hey, a credit increase is a credit increase and I'll take what I can get.  Woohoo!

Did they do a hard pull?
Message 3 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 5
ficoChanger

I don't think so.  The web page did not say anything about a hard pull and considering the short amount of time it took to get approved, I don't think they could have done a hard pull.  Also, my credit watching service did not report any new queries.  FYI, the $200 increase was the default increase.  There was a link to ask for a different amount, but I didn't want to push my luck only after six months.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.