ficoChanger

Got Luv from Chevron/Texaco

In order to reduce my utilization ratio on my Chevron/Texaco card (part of GEMB), I asked for a credit line increase online.  I have had the card for 6 months and they instantly bumped up my credit limit $200 to $650.  I still think that is really low since one fill up uses about 6% of my balance and I want to stay under 10%.  But hey, a credit increase is a credit increase and I'll take what I can get.  Woohoo!
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

Re: Got Luv from Chevron/Texaco

GEMB has been good to me with CLI's too!  :smileyhappy:

Congrats on the bump & keep up the good work.  

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Regular Contributor
MMart078

ficoChanger wrote:
In order to reduce my utilization ratio on my Chevron/Texaco card (part of GEMB), I asked for a credit line increase online.  I have had the card for 6 months and they instantly bumped up my credit limit $200 to $650.  I still think that is really low since one fill up uses about 6% of my balance and I want to stay under 10%.  But hey, a credit increase is a credit increase and I'll take what I can get.  Woohoo!

Did they do a hard pull?
Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!
ficoChanger

I don't think so.  The web page did not say anything about a hard pull and considering the short amount of time it took to get approved, I don't think they could have done a hard pull.  Also, my credit watching service did not report any new queries.  FYI, the $200 increase was the default increase.  There was a link to ask for a different amount, but I didn't want to push my luck only after six months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+