Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got My Card - Using Backdoor Underwriter Conversation

tag
Dream850
Established Member

Got My Card - Using Backdoor Underwriter Conversation

I want to thank each and everyone in this community for the fabulous tips and tricks. I have learned SO much here and am well on my way to re-establishing my credit.

In early 2012 my FICO was 581 and today it is 680. I've changed cities, gotten a new much better paying job, and leased a much needed new vehicle. Today was like icing on the cake though. I had been denied a Cashbuilder card at PNC Bank, even though I've been banking with them just over a year now, have had a $500 Secured Card with them and made sure to keep a nice sum in my savings account. So, rather than taking no for answer when denied the Cashbuilder Card, I asked the CSR what I could do to qualify. My 2 late accounts were from 2007 and I didn't feel it was fair to have to wait 2 more years for those to fall off. They switched me to an Underwriter who personally reviewed my application and when she came back from having me on hold said that she could approve me for $1000. YAY !!

So, in Jan 2012 I had zero credit cards, zero installment loans and that ugly 581.

Today I have...

PNC Secured $500  PIF monthly

MACY's Star Card $600  No charges yet

PayPal Bill Me Later $600  PIF monthly

and now PNC Cashbuilder $1000

Plus my Nissan Lease that began 7/12 paid 5 days early each month.

Now, time to sit back, tend to my garden and watch my credit grow!!

I feel like a new woman!!

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Got My Card - Using Backdoor Underwriter Conversation

You've made great improvements in your journey.  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Great job and congratulations your on the right path to freedom heh by the way bill me later is an awesome website do a lot of shopping through them however they do not report to the credit bureus so need to worry about paying them in full each month it wont reflect on ur credit report. Cheers

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Message 3 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 11
Dream850
Established Member

Good to know about Bill Me Later! so maybe there's room for one more card, but will wait a bit.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
GABrown
New Contributor

awesome story and congratulations!!!!
Message 6 of 11
aplast
Regular Contributor

@alessandrom wrote:
Great job and congratulations your on the right path to freedom heh by the way bill me later is an awesome website do a lot of shopping through them however they do not report to the credit bureus so need to worry about paying them in full each month it wont reflect on ur credit report. Cheers

hmm it was to my understanding that bill me later is now a paypal company? Does anyone else know if they report?

Edit: OP congrats on your rebuilding process! It sounds like you have made some good ground! Keep up the good work.

Message 7 of 11
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Dream850 wrote:

I want to thank each and everyone in this community for the fabulous tips and tricks. I have learned SO much here and am well on my way to re-establishing my credit.

In early 2012 my FICO was 581 and today it is 680. I've changed cities, gotten a new much better paying job, and leased a much needed new vehicle. Today was like icing on the cake though. I had been denied a Cashbuilder card at PNC Bank, even though I've been banking with them just over a year now, have had a $500 Secured Card with them and made sure to keep a nice sum in my savings account. So, rather than taking no for answer when denied the Cashbuilder Card, I asked the CSR what I could do to qualify. My 2 late accounts were from 2007 and I didn't feel it was fair to have to wait 2 more years for those to fall off. They switched me to an Underwriter who personally reviewed my application and when she came back from having me on hold said that she could approve me for $1000. YAY !!

So, in Jan 2012 I had zero credit cards, zero installment loans and that ugly 581.

Today I have...

PNC Secured $500  PIF monthly

MACY's Star Card $600  No charges yet

PayPal Bill Me Later $600  PIF monthly

and now PNC Cashbuilder $1000

Plus my Nissan Lease that began 7/12 paid 5 days early each month.

Now, time to sit back, tend to my garden and watch my credit grow!!

I feel like a new woman!!

Thanks again for all the great advice.

CONGRATS on the cards and the car... and I'm not saying you will do it, obviously most do not want to do it but Nissan/Infiniti do not count late, don't post late, and don't charge late until 20 days AFTER due date.  Even then don't think you would even see 30 day late until about 90 days lay, they are very laid back as far as that sort of thing goes Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Bill me later does not report. I have had it for a while and nowhere to be seen on my credit reports I also called and asked and confirmed what I already knew. Hope that answers your question.

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.