cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

Ok, my fingers are crossed. I hate waiting long like this!
Message 61 of 114
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Gawwwd so I applied again (the lady I spoke with from consumer cu said I had 30 days to re-apply)...applied 3 more times thinking it had to be some type of error glitch with my info... and I have 4 new inquiries on my TU Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 62 of 114
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ouch
Message 63 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear!!!! Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 64 of 114
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@virgo wrote:

Ron,  

I cant believe you would be denied for anything.  With the number of cards you have and handle them all responsibly!  That takes alot.

I put mine on a spread sheet just to keep track.

Hope you get if only so a pull isnt wasted.

Thanks!!!  Sometimes, I got denied from the conservative issuers. It waste an inquiry. There is a chance to get denied everytime I apply for anything.  I don't look it too hard. Have to move on.

Ron.

Ron, I've been getting denied latlely as well.I got denied from SDFCU..Was grilled to the max from an UW.( was do you have so many cards? why have you've been appling for credit? all that good stuff.I think when you hit a limit of available credit it just gets them in a tizzySmiley Happy

sandman,

I applied for SDFCU membership last year and I got no answer from them . They asked me to send all kind of docs to verify my ID.  I called them to check the status. They transferred my calls from one dept to the other. It got no where. I quit calling to check. I didn't bother to call after I got approved for Penfed cc. I heard SDFCU cc is tough to get approved like Penfed. Don't worry about it. One issuer denied you doesn't mean other won't give it to you. It happened to me all the time.  Closing all your credit cards won't solve your problem. They will come up a new one.Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Ron.I did get a membership with SDFCU,but no credit card.As for penfed.Just got a pre- apporoval.Im now up to 50K in credit with them lolSmiley Happy

Message 65 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@virgo wrote:

Ron,  

I cant believe you would be denied for anything.  With the number of cards you have and handle them all responsibly!  That takes alot.

I put mine on a spread sheet just to keep track.

Hope you get if only so a pull isnt wasted.

Thanks!!!  Sometimes, I got denied from the conservative issuers. It waste an inquiry. There is a chance to get denied everytime I apply for anything.  I don't look it too hard. Have to move on.

Ron.

Ron, I've been getting denied latlely as well.I got denied from SDFCU..Was grilled to the max from an UW.( was do you have so many cards? why have you've been appling for credit? all that good stuff.I think when you hit a limit of available credit it just gets them in a tizzySmiley Happy

sandman,

I applied for SDFCU membership last year and I got no answer from them . They asked me to send all kind of docs to verify my ID.  I called them to check the status. They transferred my calls from one dept to the other. It got no where. I quit calling to check. I didn't bother to call after I got approved for Penfed cc. I heard SDFCU cc is tough to get approved like Penfed. Don't worry about it. One issuer denied you doesn't mean other won't give it to you. It happened to me all the time.  Closing all your credit cards won't solve your problem. They will come up a new one.Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Ron.I did get a membership with SDFCU,but no credit card.As for penfed.Just got a pre- apporoval.Im now up to 50K in credit with them lolSmiley Happy

Congrats!!! I didn't get any membership with SDFCU. For Penfed, I only got $5K . 

Ron.

Message 66 of 114
tray
Valued Contributor

Ron, why do I read your threads LOL, well I went to the website saw that this credit union offers high yield % for the checking account also bankrate rates this credit union high, so I applied strange was all offers for all their credit cards came up with the process did this happen to you too? all with 10,000 amounts I think it just must be a default number to where I was able to add which credit card  I wanted I picked the regular rewards and changed the 10,000 amount to 4,000 I have so many new accounts with over a total 300K cl portfolio I doubt i will get a credit card but  I will see what happens as what the heck it is already a hard pull involved, but I had to upload my drivers license online now all accounts picked are pending review (saving, checking, credit card, christmas club) also hard pull was done on TU, so I will see what happens........

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 67 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

tray,

Thanks for reading.  Good luck!!!  I haven't heard anything from them since.

Ron.

Message 68 of 114
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

I called them today and even the were unable to put through a membership (at this point I'm sure it' because my credit report was pulled by them 4 times yesterday) and again the guy said it was security question issues. The security questions wouldn't even load for him today when he tried.

He said to call TU to see if there is a freeze on my reports (which I already know there's not)

He said to wait 5 days to avoid another pull and to call him on Tuesday to try again.

He was super nice

On a positive note, it did pull my equifax report 4 times as well...perfect timing to say the least!!! Smiley WinkI can deal with the TU pulls, they are the only ones on my inquires on TU so that'll pass Smiley Happy

I can't give up now, it's like I'm on a mission lol

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 69 of 114
tray
Valued Contributor

@NursePurse wrote:

I called them today and even the were unable to put through a membership (at this point I'm sure it' because my credit report was pulled by them 4 times yesterday) and again the guy said it was security question issues. The security questions wouldn't even load for him today when he tried.

He said to call TU to see if there is a freeze on my reports (which I already know there's not)

He said to wait 5 days to avoid another pull and to call him on Tuesday to try again.

He was super nice

On a positive note, it did pull my equifax report 4 times as well...perfect timing to say the least!!! Smiley WinkI can deal with the TU pulls, they are the only ones on my inquires on TU so that'll pass Smiley Happy

I can't give up now, it's like I'm on a mission lol

Hi NursePurse something may be alittle odd about this credit union, I hate to say it seems to be a hassle, i joined online yesterday got the pending message, a rep from this credit union left a message on my answering machine while I was at work, she sounded very young and not too professional representing this credit union, no email left or cell phone call which this information was also given in the app.  So I checked online today on the application status there is a pdf documentation there stating application closed due to not able to identify identity, what gives!!! license uploaded fine and answered all sercurity questions, so I left a message with the person who called today to call my cell phone tomorrow or I will be calling her as to what is going on.  This credit union is a tough one, I have DCU, SDFCU, Alliant and had no issues with membership it was breeze compared to this.  Thankfully only one hard pull, and in your thread are you stating 8 pulls, I would be going crazy on that issue!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 70 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.