cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

Hey Ron, have you recieved a call yet from this credit union, or heard anything?  I hope this is not another Duck Tale LOL.......if you know what I mean....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 71 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tray wrote:

Hey Ron, have you recieved a call yet from this credit union, or heard anything?  I hope this is not another Duck Tale LOL.......if you know what I mean....

tray,

I haven't gotten any calls from them. No email. Nothing. I got lock out to logged into the application website. They were closed when I got home.  I know what you mean. I hope it is not another to good to be true. Smiley Happy My Duck card is still open. 

Ron.

Message 72 of 114
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Duck Tale haha.

Ron do you think you will just wait it out or will you try to call? Maybe you could apply with Univ of Michigan CU Smiley Happy im thinking about them.
Message 73 of 114
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@tray wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

I called them today and even the were unable to put through a membership (at this point I'm sure it' because my credit report was pulled by them 4 times yesterday) and again the guy said it was security question issues. The security questions wouldn't even load for him today when he tried.

He said to call TU to see if there is a freeze on my reports (which I already know there's not)

He said to wait 5 days to avoid another pull and to call him on Tuesday to try again.

He was super nice

On a positive note, it did pull my equifax report 4 times as well...perfect timing to say the least!!! Smiley WinkI can deal with the TU pulls, they are the only ones on my inquires on TU so that'll pass Smiley Happy

I can't give up now, it's like I'm on a mission lol

Hi NursePurse something may be alittle odd about this credit union, I hate to say it seems to be a hassle, i joined online yesterday got the pending message, a rep from this credit union left a message on my answering machine while I was at work, she sounded very young and not too professional representing this credit union, no email left or cell phone call which this information was also given in the app.  So I checked online today on the application status there is a pdf documentation there stating application closed due to not able to identify identity, what gives!!! license uploaded fine and answered all sercurity questions, so I left a message with the person who called today to call my cell phone tomorrow or I will be calling her as to what is going on.  This credit union is a tough one, I have DCU, SDFCU, Alliant and had no issues with membership it was breeze compared to this.  Thankfully only one hard pull, and in your thread are you stating 8 pulls, I would be going crazy on that issue!!!!!

Haha I know right! Regarding the multiple inquiries, TU is pretty good about deleting inquiries from the same source in the same day (or there is no way I would have kept trying my luck)!! After speaking with the nice rep today, I doubt they would even have any issues deleting the inquiries being that they are all from the same day, also the rep even stated that they were going through some online changes so I could always use that to my benefit when requesting they delete the inq's) 

Also there were a few members on this thread that did verify they are very happy with the credit union as they have been long time members, so I def don't think it's some sort of flyby night place. I suppose it won't be long until we ALL find out haha hopefully there is at least one credit card delivered to someone that applied on here Heart

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 74 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Duck Tale haha.

Ron do you think you will just wait it out or will you try to call? Maybe you could apply with Univ of Michigan CU Smiley Happy im thinking about them.

I haven't decided yet.  Are they any good?  i have too many inquiries on my TU and Chexystem.

Ron.

Message 75 of 114
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

UMCU is worth a look. Limits up to $50k, APR as low as 8.99% and no BT fee. They pull EQ sp for membership and TU hp for credit cards. Im thinking of them, they have a good reputation around me.
Message 76 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
UMCU is worth a look. Limits up to $50k, APR as low as 8.99% and no BT fee. They pull EQ sp for membership and TU hp for credit cards. Im thinking of them, they have a good reputation around me.

I looked at the both cards. The one is as low as 8.99% without cash back. The other one is 12.99%. 8.99% APR is not really that low. I got 6.25% APR with rewards. The cash back card is 1% cash back. It's not really interesting. I already got 1.25% from PNC and 1.5% from Cap 1.  Are they easy to get approved? I hope it s not another hassale one. 

Ron.

Message 77 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE:

My application was denied because one of my security question was answered wrong. Should I apply for it again?

Ron.

Message 78 of 114
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1 wrote:

UPDATE:

My application was denied because one of my security question was answered wrong. Should I apply for it again?

Ron.

Yes, if it's the same hp. 
Message 79 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

UPDATE:

Ron.

Yes, if it's the same hp. 

No, it is another HP.

Ron.

Message 80 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.