Regular Contributor
AeroKrix

Re: Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

Ron1 wrote:

AeroKrix wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

It told me to download the membership agreement and the terms of the credit card.

Ron.

Do you need to have membership in order to apply for their cc's?

Yes, I didn't apply for the card first.  I just opened a savings for the membership. They offered me $10K credit card card prea-approval during the process of the application.

Ron.

Based on your own experience, is $10k considered generous or in line with your credit profile? It would it be comparable to the generosity of NFCU?

Current 10/15/14 EQ - 655 FICO ; EX - 656 FICO ; TU - 668 FICO

NFCU $8k || NFCU LOC $5k || Barclay Rewads $2.5k || CapOne QuickSilver $2k || Sony Card $1.5k || Discover $1k || Best Buy $1k || Walmart $900 || CareCredit $7.5k || (plus too many store cards to list)
Super Contributor
Ron1

AeroKrix wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

AeroKrix wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

It told me to download the membership agreement and the terms of the credit card.

Ron.

Yes, I didn't apply for the card first.  I just opened a savings for the membership. They offered me $10K credit card card prea-approval during the process of the application.

Ron.

Based on your own experience, is $10k considered generous or in line with your credit profile? It would it be comparable to the generosity of NFCU?

It is not bad. You cannot compare with NFCU or USAA.  They are pretty good. They are better than Penfed.  They are pretty much the same as Alliant CU. We don't know about the policy of CLI.

Ron.

Senior Contributor
B335is

Ron I will wait and see how yours turns out. I think my TU is similar score to you (779)?
Super Contributor
Ron1

B335is wrote:
Ron I will wait and see how yours turns out. I think my TU is similar score to you (779)?

Yes, I think you have a good chance to get approved. :smileyhappy:

Ron.

Super Contributor
Ron1

I got am alert from MPM. They pulled TU.

Inquirer’s name:CONSUMERS CO
Industry type: 
Address:P.O. BOX 9119  WAUKEGAN,  IL  60079
Phone number:847- 6233636
Bureau:TransUnion
Senior Contributor
B335is

Goodluck Ron!! Hopefully they approve you today!
Super Contributor
Ron1

B335is wrote:

Thank you!!! Do you plan to apply if I get approved? :smileyvery-happy:

Ron.

Senior Contributor
B335is

Ron1 wrote:

B335is wrote:

Thank you!!! Do you plan to apply if I get approved? :smileyvery-happy:

Ron.

Well I'm at 4 TU inq...if I only had your 1 inq I would for sure.  If you're approved maybe 80% chance I'll apply :smileywink:

Established Contributor
CreditUnionFan

Ron1 wrote:

AeroKrix wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

They probably HP'd you for the membership, and the preapproval was driven off of that.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Valued Contributor
BigBS

Congrats, Ron!  Seems like the Consumers CU was much easier than LMCU was for me.  Glad you got approved.

AMEX BCP - $34.5K | AMEX Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10.4K | AMEX Platinum - NPSL | BofA BBR VISA - $15K | BofA Merrill Lynch + VS - $15K | Barclaycard Arrival WMC - $17.5K | Chase freedom VS - $5.5K | Citi TY Pref WMC - $23.9K | Coldwater Creek MC - $15K | Discover it - $14.5K | FIA AMEX - $16K | Synchrony Bank/HH Gregg - $10K | LMCU PP VISA - $10K | NFCU cashRewards VS - $30K | NFM (Store Card) - $6K | PFCU Platinum CRV+ - $39K | US Bank Cash+ - $16.5K | US Bank Cash+ - $12.5K | USAA WMC - $20.3K Last HP 24 Oct 14 - Gardening into 2016.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}