Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got United Mileage Plus Select!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got United Mileage Plus Select!

After 6+ years of credit repair (post-divorce) and being stuck with two HSBC CCs with $1k each (no rewards, etc.), I FINALLY got a CC with a decent CL ($10k) today.  My scores came up from low 500s six years ago to mid-700s (and an 805 on EQ) as of now. 

After receiving my first pre-approval worth considering (Discover More) today after many many years of junk card offers - I got up the nerve to take an inquiry hit and apply today for the card I really wanted - the United Mileage Plus Select (I travel a fair amount).  30k miles after 1st purchase (bumped to 50k for being a Mileage Plus Member already), 5k anniversary miles / yr, 3 miles / $1 on United, 2 miles / $1 everyday), etc...

I filled out the on-line application and it gave me the standard 7-10 day notice about decision.  I called the backdoor number (thank you FICO forums) and gave them some basic information about income, job, current accounts and Walla - she said you've been approved for $10k - card will be in the mail within 10 days. Smiley Happy))))

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got United Mileage Plus Select!

Congrats!  I LOVE mine.  Plus the card is very very pretty.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting your score to the 800s....do you have any baddies?

Message 3 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I got mine 2 months ago, got my miles already. I travel ALL the time from Middle East and DC. Its the only direct flight out of Kuwait, and its a united flight, so extra miles. Smiley Happy

The only thing I think sucks is it reports as a flexible spending card, so it dosent help Util, till you max it out once to show the full credit limit.

Other then that no complaints, great customer serice (American) Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I had two accounts listed as previously past-due on my TU, which was used, as of today:

1) Nicor (old utility account - long story divorce issue) 90 days

2) Mistakenly missed a car payment & BMW financial will NOT remove (about 3 years ago)  30 days

Otherwise, it's clean thanks to my very diligent clean-up work over the past 6 years.  I've had literally dozens of items removed between my three reports of the past 6 years (nearly all valid issues).  I'll never get myself in that mess again (baring some major unemployment or medical crisis). Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i have gotten 60000 miles already in four months with this card i got 50000 for being elite with united and another 10000 for opening a checking account with chase so far so good.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.