cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

I sent a secure email, they replied quickly. Told me my account would be eligible for an increase request in February.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 31
Frequent Contributor

How long does one typically wait for CLI request for discover? 6 mos for the first one?

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 12 of 31
Valued Contributor

6 months is what the CSRs have told me. Another forum member said they received an auto CLI three months into having their account though.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Message 13 of 31
Regular Contributor

You have five Discover cards?!

Message 14 of 31
Valued Contributor

Dang - mine os gone too!

Oh well, Discover never likes me anyhow. So, they pay the 2% bonus stuff and quietly collect dust in the sock drawer!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 15 of 31
Super Contributor

Ray you have other cards with great CL.

What's the CL on your Discover?

Message 16 of 31
Valued Contributor

$1500 - and they won't budge. I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

I just got a BoA Signature Visa with a $15k line.

You would think Discover would show a little love... But not for me - consistant turn down. I will not let them pull a hard on me.

Now it is time to see if I can increase the BCE from $22,200 to $25,000. I am beyond the 6 months so I am going to try that. Funny thing is, I use the Zync card and not the BCE - the BCE pays bills. I must have faulty brain! I just like the Zync!

I'm in garden mode now for at least a year. We have one card we need to get paid off and at the same time, the INQ's will fall off EQ and TU. When I received my BoA Visa, my EX score was 789... TU is lowest at last time I checked, 759.

Ray

Ray

Ray

Message 17 of 31
Super Contributor

RockinRay wrote:

$1500 - and they won't budge. I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

I just got a BoA Signature Visa with a $15k line.

You would think Discover would show a little love... But not for me - consistant turn down. I will not let them pull a hard on me.

Now it is time to see if I can increase the BCE from $22,200 to $25,000. I am beyond the 6 months so I am going to try that. Funny thing is, I use the Zync card and not the BCE - the BCE pays bills. I must have faulty brain! I just like the Zync!

I'm in garden mode now for at least a year. We have one card we need to get paid off and at the same time, the INQ's will fall off EQ and TU. When I received my BoA Visa, my EX score was 789... TU is lowest at last time I checked, 759.

Ray

Ray

I would say you should SD your discover. The BCE CL is more than enough I think. HAve you heard of CL greater than 25k on the BCE?

Congrats on the BoA card by the way.

Message 18 of 31
Super Contributor

Yes, I got it over 10 years ago. Some of those converted from Discover Novus (Smithsonian, Universal) and Private Issue.

Ron.

Message 19 of 31
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

I really have all of the credit I need - way overkill to be honest. I just plan on using Discover for the 2% phone / internet / cable for the next year. That will run around $400 per month through it. It does sit in the sock drawer now. These are the only charges I will put on this card until they show a little love - LOL...

The BoA Visa, I am spending the $500 for the $250 back and it will sit in the drawer too. With Amex, others here might tell us they go higher than $25k, but I see no use for it. $25k would be all I would need...

The cards that I carry on a daily basis are; USAA World MC, Target Visa, PenFed Visa, and Amex Zync. All the bases covered with those.

Ray

Ray

Message 20 of 31