Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

I sent a secure email, they replied quickly. Told me my account would be eligible for an increase request in February.
Message 11 of 31
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

How long does one typically wait for CLI request for discover? 6 mos for the first one?

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 31
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

6 months is what the CSRs have told me. Another forum member said they received an auto CLI three months into having their account though.
Message 13 of 31
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

You have five Discover cards?!

Message 14 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Dang - mine os gone too!

Oh well, Discover never likes me anyhow. So, they pay the 2% bonus stuff and quietly collect dust in the sock drawer!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 15 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

Ray you have other cards with great CL.

What's the CL on your Discover?

Message 16 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

$1500 - and they won't budge. I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

I just got a BoA Signature Visa with a $15k line.

You would think Discover would show a little love... But not for me - consistant turn down. I will not let them pull a hard on me.

Now it is time to see if I can increase the BCE from $22,200 to $25,000. I am beyond the 6 months so I am going to try that. Funny thing is, I use the Zync card and not the BCE - the BCE pays bills. I must have faulty brain! I just like the Zync!

I'm in garden mode now for at least a year. We have one card we need to get paid off and at the same time, the INQ's will fall off EQ and TU. When I received my BoA Visa, my EX score was 789... TU is lowest at last time I checked, 759.

Ray

Ray

Ray

Message 17 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

$1500 - and they won't budge. I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

I just got a BoA Signature Visa with a $15k line.

You would think Discover would show a little love... But not for me - consistant turn down. I will not let them pull a hard on me.

Now it is time to see if I can increase the BCE from $22,200 to $25,000. I am beyond the 6 months so I am going to try that. Funny thing is, I use the Zync card and not the BCE - the BCE pays bills. I must have faulty brain! I just like the Zync!

I'm in garden mode now for at least a year. We have one card we need to get paid off and at the same time, the INQ's will fall off EQ and TU. When I received my BoA Visa, my EX score was 789... TU is lowest at last time I checked, 759.

Ray

Ray

I would say you should SD your discover. The BCE CL is more than enough I think. HAve you heard of CL greater than 25k on the BCE?

Congrats on the BoA card by the way.

Message 18 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, I got it over 10 years ago. Some of those converted from Discover Novus (Smithsonian, Universal) and Private Issue.

Ron.

Message 19 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

I really have all of the credit I need - way overkill to be honest. I just plan on using Discover for the 2% phone / internet / cable for the next year. That will run around $400 per month through it. It does sit in the sock drawer now. These are the only charges I will put on this card until they show a little love - LOL...

The BoA Visa, I am spending the $500 for the $250 back and it will sit in the drawer too. With Amex, others here might tell us they go higher than $25k, but I see no use for it. $25k would be all I would need...

The cards that I carry on a daily basis are; USAA World MC, Target Visa, PenFed Visa, and Amex Zync. All the bases covered with those.

Ray

Ray

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.