Did you mean: 

Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

@RockinRay wrote:

Thanks!

I really have all of the credit I need - way overkill to be honest. I just plan on using Discover for the 2% phone / internet / cable for the next year. That will run around $400 per month through it. It does sit in the sock drawer now. These are the only charges I will put on this card until they show a little love - LOL...

The BoA Visa, I am spending the $500 for the $250 back and it will sit in the drawer too. With Amex, others here might tell us they go higher than $25k, but I see no use for it. $25k would be all I would need...

The cards that I carry on a daily basis are; USAA World MC, Target Visa, PenFed Visa, and Amex Zync. All the bases covered with those.

Ray

I must have missed this one. Is that on all Discover cards?

Does this also apply to cell phones? If yes then I could potentially run about $ 300 a month on this card for the 2% cashback

I typically only use the Amex Platinum for work and the Zync for day to day.

Message 21 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

The More is what I have and I had to log on to my online account to activate it - was under additonal offers.

Yep, cell / cable / satellite as I remember. If you have the More, check it out.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

The More is what I have and I had to log on to my online account to activate it - was under additonal offers.

Yep, cell / cable / satellite as I remember. If you have the More, check it out.

Ray

Thanks, I just logged on and checked additional offers, I had to sign up for it and I did. It says :

'TV bills are classified as cable and satellite.

Phone bills are classified as landline local and long distance services, cell phone services and voice over IP phone services. Internet is classified as Internet service providers; Internet marketing and selling services, website and domain hosting, anti-virus and Internet security, Internet search advertising, web design, and online data storage/backup are not included.'

I wonder if Verizon FIOS is considered under 'cable and satellite'? 

Ok just checked and didnt find Verizon FIOS under the Cable  category now that stinks

I have the More card.

Message 23 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

Maybe Discover will treat my FIOS as a phone service since I just checked my autopay and it is listed on my AMEX as 'VERIZONRECURRING PAYPHONESERVICE '

Message 24 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I think you are gold one this one!

We just changed to Ooma VoIP, and they charge me $3.47 (tax / 911 fee)per month so I will add the Discover to that also. Can you just imagine, 2% for $3.47 for the next 12 months! Man, that is really going to build up!  LOL-

Ray

Ray

Message 25 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

This one was too good to be true.

I logeed on to my Verizon account so I could change my auto pay from AMEX to the discover. Wll they don't take discover.bummer

Message 26 of 31
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I logeed on to my Verizon account so I could change my auto pay from AMEX to the discover. Wll they don't take discover.bummer

Are you sure?  I always pay my Verizon bill with my Discover. 

Message 27 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Go figure. Oh well, at least you will get the bennies from the others!

Ray

Ray

Message 28 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I loggd into verizon.com and wanted to change my autopay from my AMEX to the Discover but on the drop down menu there is only MC/Visa and AMEX.

Message 29 of 31
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I loggd into verizon.com and wanted to change my autopay from my AMEX to the Discover but on the drop down menu there is only MC/Visa and AMEX.

Is this for Verizon home service or wireless?  I was referring to my wireless bill.  I just logged in and my Discover is still the default payment method. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.