cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a Preselected Green Amex letter today....

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a Preselected Green Amex letter today....

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

So, I got a preselected letter from Amex today for a green card.  My scores are a bit lower than they were a month ago due to usage.  I have a 660/661 TU/EQ w/ a 71% uti.  AAOA about 7 years, 4 cards right now, all in good standing (I have a Cap 1, Orchard bank, and 2 first premier <-- UGGG).  This would be the perfect card to replace the first premier cards!  I also have the last negative on my account happening 7 months ago ( a stupid oversight on a 60 day late for student loans that has since really hurt me less and less).  My last collection was 3.2 years ago.  I can probably afford the inq., I have 1 on TU and 2 on EQ that happened around 5 months ago.

I have some questions: 

1.  Does preselected usually mean I'll get approved? 

2.  What's the usual starting CL for a new Amex cardholder with my score?

3.  Is this something you guys would go after?

4.  Should I pay off my ccs to get around 7% uti to get a much higher score therefore getting a higher CL?

Thanks so much guys!

have you tried Amex preselect card site for offers, just to be curious if there are any offers for you, I tried this site they offered green and gold card went with the green and was approved and my ex report was not perfect had 2 baddies.  So you never know??

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say apply for it... but check and see if the Gold would be more beneficial for you with rewards... They will approve that if they were going to approve Green.

Also I see it mentioned several times about credit lines... This is a charge card, it has no pre-set spending limit (internal limit as mentioned could start kind of low and go up real quick) but you pay this card in full each month.

Message 13 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

At networkguy:

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

At networkguy:

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

LOL thanks fused..I, uh, was trying out IE9 earlier, and it doesnt seem to play nice with alot of forums even in compatibility view. Wasnt intentional Smiley Wink

Now if I could remember what I was gonna say haha

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.