cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a QuickSilver One Card; What to do with my Cap One Plat Card

tag
LReyes66

Got a QuickSilver One Card; What to do with my Cap One Plat Card

My credit is average... around the 636 range. Prior to getting the capitalone platinum card, i had a score in the high 500's cause of a credit card I stupidly applied for when I was 18 and did pay for a year.

Im 24 now, graduated, with job and wiser and for a couple of years have been using the Cap one Platinum card (only unsecured card I was approved for) with a CL of $500. I didnt call for a credit increase but instead requested for a CL increase through the cap one website. When I didnt get a response for a week I decided to apply for a quicksilver card that I was preapproved for and got approved for a Quick Silver one Mastercard with $2500CL. I already called and had the AF of $39 removed.

In hindsight, im thinking I should have called to upgrade my platinum card to the quicksilver instead of picking up a 2nd capital one card. Should I cancel my cap one plat card or would it be beneficial for me to have 2 credit lines open (even if its both capital one cards).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DawgZ
Contributor

Re: Got a QuickSilver One Card; What to do with my Cap One Plat Card

Keep both. I have 2 Cap 1 cards. If you have the same expirience I did you should make small charges on the 500 CL card and pay for 6 months. They auto CLI me to $1000 then 6 months after that I hit the LUV button and it went to $4000.

Congratz on the new TL's.

My Wallet - Cap1 Visa Signature $13k, Chase Saphire Prefered $13.5k, Well's Fargo Rewards $10k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC $6.5k, Cap1 Quicksilver V $4k, Chase Freedom $9k, Discover IT $7.5k, Amex BCE $34k, Amazon/Chase $2.5k,PenFed V $10.5k, Amex Green

EQ 810(Fico), EX 806 (Fico), TU 815 (Fico)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.