cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a card I no longer want

tag
CodyAB31

Re: Got a card I no longer want

Whats the difference in the Wally Fico and the Discover Fico?  Havent got my discover statement this month yet....

11/13 - EX 674 MyFico - EQ 660 MyFico - TU 675 WMart Fico

TTFCU 3500 - AMEX Green NPSL - Discover IT 800 - Amazon 1400
Lowes 800 - QuicksilverOne 500 - CapOne Plat 800 - Walmart 1050
Barclays ChoicePriv 250 -Vic. Sec 900 - Express 1070 - Buckle 780 - Valero 600 - JCPenney 700
Message 11 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CodyAB31 wrote:

Whats the difference in the Wally Fico and the Discover Fico?  Havent got my discover statement this month yet....

Well not sure; one member suggested there was a 20 point swing between his Discover and Wally/Barclay's (which we know to be FICO '08 baseline) and I believe someone else posted 300-850 score range which AFAIK rules out Bankcard-enhanced (possibly 250-900 for all FICO '08 versions, have to find someone with Merrick score to be sure).  

Least as of this morning we're still trying to figure it out, and pretty much everyone that I'm aware of us hoping it's the elusive TU'04 score.

        
Message 12 of 16
Startome
Regular Contributor

lol Walmart is about the only place I shop, no need for it to hit the fan Smiley Wink

On the other side, walmart has about everything, so as you said it can be a card with a wide range of uses, I look forward to getting one for the CS and the actual use lol

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 13 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Startome wrote:

lol Walmart is about the only place I shop, no need for it to hit the fan Smiley Wink

On the other side, walmart has about everything, so as you said it can be a card with a wide range of uses, I look forward to getting one for the CS and the actual use lol

Hah, yeah; I don't have a Walmart terribly close to me and don't often shop there (admittedly there's always their online store), but things have gone sideways in my life before financially and they might again.  Even my $1600 leaves me able to buy food for a non-trivial amount of time if needed, and likely by the time it would be required, GE's CLI policy will have it somewhere around the 5K mark or higher if I aggressively chase it but I'd admittedly rather be spending time accruing limits for what I define as higher quality tradelines.  

I've realized I need multiple financially defensible options: while aggregate CL for float helps, and a low APR balance-carrying card is ideal, there are select cards which just plain useful in awkward situations for just about anyone and I'd suggest the Wally card is one of those.  Guess I've simply had too many brushes with financial non-existence to not pass up an available parachute.  Also if the turd really lands in the punchbowl, I suspect Amex/Chase would drop me before GE.

        
Message 14 of 16
Startome
Regular Contributor

That makes a lot of sense to me,

@Revelate wrote:

@Startome wrote:

Hah, yeah; I don't have a Walmart terribly close to me and don't often shop there (admittedly there's always their online store), but things have gone sideways in my life before financially and they might again.  Even my $1600 leaves me able to buy food for a non-trivial amount of time if needed, and likely by the time it would be required, GE's CLI policy will have it somewhere around the 5K mark or higher if I aggressively chase it but I'd admittedly rather be spending time accruing limits for what I define as higher quality tradelines.  

I've realized I need multiple financially defensible options: while aggregate CL for float helps, and a low APR balance-carrying card is ideal, there are select cards which just plain useful in awkward situations for just about anyone and I'd suggest the Wally card is one of those.  Guess I've simply had too many brushes with financial non-existence to not pass up an available parachute.  Also if the turd really lands in the punchbowl, I suspect Amex/Chase would drop me before GE.

+1

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 15 of 16
stevenngu92
Contributor

Like everyone says, it's useful for some groceries. The card also has financing deals so it might help during christmas. I'm unsure if financing works on groceries, but i would assume it does since you only need a purchase of $150+. That would help if one ran into financial troubles and lost their job or something. 

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.