Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a email?

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Got a email?

Dear [hidden for security reasons],

Thank you for applying for Platinum Card®. We are currently processing your application. To check the status, please go to .

We will contact you once we've completed processing your application. Please do not submit any additional applications for Platinum Card® as we will not be able to consider any duplicate applications you send.

Thank you for your Cardmembership.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care

Is this a real email?

i applied but i was declined... So what does this mean?

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Got a email?

@Gornet wrote:

Thank you for applying for Platinum Card®. We are currently processing your application. To check the status, please go to .

We will contact you once we've completed processing your application. Please do not submit any additional applications for Platinum Card® as we will not be able to consider any duplicate applications you send.

Sincerely,

Is this a real email?

Was it an instal denial?  2 things could be happening:  1) delay in email when you app'ed and that is just a standard processing email which you should've gotten within minutes of your app.  2) I've read some recent threads about members being denied but a week later that they received an email saying that they were approved, meaning that there was an overturn in their decision somehow.  Others can chime in as well.

Best way is to call and find out.  Best of luck.

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 6
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Gornet wrote:

Sincerely,

Is this a real email?

Was it an instal denial?  2 things could be happening:  1) delay in email when you app'ed and that is just a standard processing email which you should've gotten within minutes of your app.  2) I've read some recent threads about members being denied but a week later that they received an email saying that they were approved, meaning that there was an overturn in their decision somehow.  Others can chime in as well.

Best way is to call and find out.  Best of luck.

::edited for typo::

Agreed - just a little slow.  I cancelled an app and didn't a message from them for several days.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

You can go here to check your status:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Okay Smiley Happy thanks! declined!

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 5 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

Sincerely,

Is this a real email?

just curious, do you already have another AmEx account? If not I wonder why it says thank you for your Cardmembership

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.