Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a letter in the mail from U.S. Bank

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

Got a letter in the mail from U.S. Bank

They stated that they were discontinuing the rewards program on my College Visa. The letter also stated that nothing else on my account is changing. The Credit Limit, Interest, and all other terms will remain the same.

Did anyone else get this letter? If not, is it some kind of AA?

Thanks!

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got a letter in the mail from U.S. Bank

@torry590 wrote:

They stated that they were discontinuing the rewards program on my College Visa. The letter also stated that nothing else on my account is changing. The Credit Limit, Interest, and all other terms will remain the same.

Thanks!

Sounds like it's time to ask to be upgraded out of the student card program so you can still get rewards.

Message 2 of 7
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@torry590 wrote:

Thanks!

Sounds like it's time to ask to be upgraded out of the student card program so you can still get rewards.

I agree!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 7
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@torry590 wrote:

Thanks!

+1. Give them a call and see what they may have in store as an upgrade (if any) to attain those rewards.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
jj10939
Regular Contributor

I got the same letter....Seriously, with a student credit card it maybe cost U.S. Bank like $5/year per cardholder for rewards Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I just received a letter yesterday from US Bank on my Flex Perks rewards card thanking me for my continued business and urging me to use my card more often in order to earn more cash back.   I suggest that you call them to graduate to another rewards card.  They are a great bank to deal with. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 7
torry590
Regular Contributor

Yes, I know they are a great bank to deal with. I am glad I am not the only one that got this letter. Frankly, I was kinda mad when I read it.

They have probably paid me 15$ in the year and a half  that I have had the card in rewards lol.

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.