cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new HSBC Platinum Card and a new letter today!!!

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Got a new HSBC Platinum Card and a new letter today!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

I just looked at the HSBC website and the main office is in MCLean VA according to the docs (http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/pdf/hbus_factsheet_0911.pdf?HSBC_ad=ourcompany/features/txt_moreab... It's strange. I thought it was in New York.

Ron.

MCLean VA is the HQ of Capital One.

Capital One Financial Corporation Corporate Office | Headquarters
1680 Capital One Dr. McLean, VA 22102

HSBC Bank USA, N.A

HSBC Holdings plc (NOTE no USA listed)

HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 7,500 offices in over 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, North and Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. With assets of US$2,716bn at 30 September 2011, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations.

It is all so confusing, but kind of fun to "guess" about how this is all going to play out. What I listed before about all USA based CC accounts except the "premier asset card" has been already published in various financial.

Message 11 of 37
Shiu
Valued Member

I got the same letter from HSBC today about my mastercard. 

Message 12 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just looked at the HSBC website and the main office is in MCLean VA according to the docs (http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/pdf/hbus_factsheet_0911.pdf?HSBC_ad=ourcompany/features/txt_moreab... It's strange. I thought it was in New York.

Ron.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A

HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 7,500 offices in over 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, North and Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. With assets of US$2,716bn at 30 September 2011, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations.

It is all so confusing, but kind of fun to "guess" about how this is all going to play out. What I listed before about all USA based CC accounts except the "premier asset card" has been already published in various financial.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. offers its 3 million customers access to global markets and services. The Bank provides a full range of commercial banking products and services to individuals, corporations, institutions and governments, through its personal financial services, private banking, commercial banking and corporate investment banking and markets segments.

The Bank is also an international dealer in derivative instruments and has mortgage banking and brokerage operations.

With 14,000 employees, HSBC has nearly 400 branches in New York State, as well as 11 branches in Florida, six in California, and one branch each in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Washington State and Washington, D.C. HSBC USA, NA is headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The headquarters of HSBC North America Holdings, Inc is New York, NY.

Ron.

Message 13 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

Here is the link for the address of HSBC:

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about/network/americas/united-states-of-america.

HSBC Bank USA, National Association

1800 Tysons Blvd., Suite 50 Mclean, Virginia 22101

Tel: +1 302 652 4673
Fax: +1 302 652 4927

Chief Executive Officer: Irene Dorner

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. with its main office in Virginia, has nearly 400 branches in New York State, a network of branches in Florida, California, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and one branch each in Washington state, Washington, D.C. and Oregon. It is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc, an indirectly-held, wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC North America Holdings Inc, one of the nation’s ten largest bank holding companies by assets.

Ron.

Message 14 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A

MC Lean is also HQ of HSBC USA.  Cap 1 is not the only one bank over there in VA.

Ron.

Message 15 of 37
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A

MC Lean is also HQ of HSBC USA.  Cap 1 is not the only one bank over there in VA.

Ron.

Read this link which is dated January 2012 before the US "approval" of the Capital One purchase of HSBC's USA Credit Card operation (the banking operation was sold off too, but not to Capital One).

http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/pdf/hnah_factsheet_0911.pdf?HSBC_ad=ourcompany/features/txt_moreab...

Note the difference in "fact sheet" information, HQ = NYC

This link (one above) came from http://www.hsbcusa.com/hsbcusa/abouthsbc

BTW, "Tysons Corner" is in Mclean, VA - the Cap-1 HQ building is maybe 1/2 mile from "downtown" Tysons Corner - you can walk between the two addresses in maybe 15-20  

minutes (given traffic you can probably walk there faster than drive most days).

Anyway....we'll see soon enough Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 37
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Am I the only person who has an HSBC card (the gray or silver one with a pic of a city skyline with clouds) but the login is at accountcentralonline?

I haven't seen hide nor hair of Capital One.  No mention ever - on the website or in the mail.

I looked at the "website terms and conditions" and it mentions Nevada and California.  At the bottom of the accountcentralonline page it also says "HSBC Finance Corporation."  Is that the difference?  I asked someone at HSBC if it's a "real" HSBC card and he said yes, that it was purchased from Direct Merchants Bank (although when I got it, it was HSBC and I had never heard of DBM except that it sometimes shows up on my credit reports as the official name of my card.)

http://www.dmccb.com/1/2/3/privacy#websiteTerms

Senior Contributor

You learn something new everyday....  From HSBC's Annual Report for 2011

In 2006, HSBC USA formed HSBC National Bank USA (“HBMD”), a national banking association established to support HSBC USA’s retail branch expansion strategy. HBMD was merged with and into HSBC Bank USA in December 2008, at which time HSBC Bank USA relocated our main office to McLean, Virginia.

http://www.hsbcusa.com/hsbc_bank/pdf/husi_4Q_2011_10K.pdf

Keep in mind that only the HSBC Premier Credit Cards, those linked to asset bank accounts (I think I read that there is a $100,000 minimum requirement) are being kept by HSBC plc. All other credit cards are going to Capital One from everything I've read. The OP did not mention that his card was a "Premier Account" tied into an asset back deposit bank account, so it gets even more interesting.

Also from the Annual Report:

Discontinued Operations - Sale of Certain Credit Card Operations to Capital One

In August 2011, HSBC, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries HSBC Finance, HSBC USA Inc. and other wholly-owned affiliates, agreed to sell its Card and Retail Services business to Capital One Financial Corporation (“Capital One”). This sale includes our GM and UP credit card receivables as well as our private label credit card and closed-end receivables, all of which were purchased from HSBC Finance. HSBC Bank USA will continue to offer credit cards to HSBC Bank USA’s customers. We anticipate this transaction will close during the second quarter of 2012. The results for these receivables were previously reported in the Retail Banking and Wealth Management segment. As a result of this transaction, we have classified these receivables as held for sale as a component of Assets of discontinued operations on our balance sheet. See “2011 Events” in Item 7, “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and Note 3, “Discontinued Operations” of the consolidated financial statements for additional details regarding this transaction.

Message 18 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

HSBC Bank USA will continue to offer credit cards to HSBC Bank USA’s customers. 

I think they're not selling my account to Cap1. I have one HSBC checking and savings. I applied the card by logging into my HSBC deposit accounts.  

Ron.

Message 19 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A

Ron.

Read this link which is dated January 2012 before the US "approval" of the Capital One purchase of HSBC's USA Credit Card operation (the banking operation was sold off too, but not to Capital One).

http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/pdf/hnah_factsheet_0911.pdf?HSBC_ad=ourcompany/features/txt_moreab...

Note the difference in "fact sheet" information, HQ = NYC

This link (one above) came from http://www.hsbcusa.com/hsbcusa/abouthsbc

BTW, "Tysons Corner" is in Mclean, VA - the Cap-1 HQ building is maybe 1/2 mile from "downtown" Tysons Corner - you can walk between the two addresses in maybe 15-20  

minutes (given traffic you can probably walk there faster than drive most days).

Anyway....we'll see soon enough Smiley Wink

They can sell any accounts across the nation, not within the city.

Ron.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.