cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new HSBC Platinum Card and a new letter today!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Got a new HSBC Platinum Card and a new letter today!!!

I got a new card from HSBC and a letter. Here is letter:

Important Changes Concerning your HSBC PLatinum MasterCard Account

Dear HSBC Cardmember,
Thankyou for being a loyal HSBC customer. At HSBC, we are committed to communicating important matters regarding your HSBC Platinum Mastercard Account.

Due to an organization transition, we have sent you the enclosed new card9s) because of the following changes to your HSBC Credit Card Account. Please note these changes do not affect any of the other terms and conditions of your Account that have been previously disclosed to you.

Effective March 31,2012, your HSBC Platinum Mastercard is owned by HSBC Bank USA, National Association. Your HSBC Platinum Mastercard Account is governed by federal law and the laws of the sate of Virgina., whether you or not live n Virginia and whether or not your account is used outside of Virginia.

Please keep this notification for your records.

If you have any question, please contact our Customer Service Center.

Thank you for choosing HSBC for financial needs.

Sincerely yours,

HSBC Card Services.

I think they're not selling my account to Cap1. The card number is the same and the design of the card is different. It is the pyramid instead of New York City.

Ron.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a new HSBC Platinum Card and a new letter today!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

Dear HSBC Cardmember,
Thankyou for being a loyal HSBC customer. At HSBC, we are committed to communicating important matters regarding your HSBC Platinum Mastercard Account.

Due to an organization transition, we have sent you the enclosed new card9s) because of the following changes to your HSBC Credit Card Account. Please note these changes do not affect any of the other terms and conditions of your Account that have been previously disclosed to you.

Effective March 31,2012, your HSBC Platinum Mastercard is owned by HSBC Bank USA, National Association. Your HSBC Platinum Mastercard Account is governed by federal law and the laws of the sate of Virgina., whether you or not live n Virginia and whether or not your account is used outside of Virginia.

Sincerely yours,

HSBC Card Services.

I think they're not selling my account to Cap1. The card number is the same and the design of the card is different. It is the pyramid instead of New York City.

Ron.

I spoke to Capitalone today and they are sill tacking HSBC this year. At one time Capital one was going to make HSBC and capital one two diffrnt compiens under the Capital one name.
Message 2 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

The notice didn't say my Card is issued by Cap 1. 

Ron.

Message 3 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

I looked at the back of the card. I didn't say it's is issued by Cap1.  There's no mention about Capital One Bank.

Ron.

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron, is there an online application for the HSBC Platinum? Mind sharing?

Message 5 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron, is there an online application for the HSBC Platinum? Mind sharing?

Yes, you can apply for the card if you're a customer of HSBC Checking/Savings customer.

Ron.

Message 6 of 37
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Dear HSBC Cardmember,

Effective March 31,2012, your HSBC Platinum Mastercard is owned by HSBC Bank USA, National Association. Your HSBC Platinum Mastercard Account is governed by federal law and the laws of the sate of Virginia., whether you or not live n Virginia and whether or not your account is used outside of Virginia.

Sincerely yours,

HSBC Card Services.

Ron.

Capital One is based in Virginia, the "old" HSBC-Household owned accounts were based in NV-ND and operated out of CA and MD, but not Virginia. I know of no large "national credit card lender" that is Virginia based other than Capital One. (Yes I know PFCU is Virginia based) 

Virginia is NOT the most open account lender friendly state as we have a 3 year SOL on open type credit card accounts. Its a bit curious that Virginia is underlined as the "laws" of the state are to be used.

Message 7 of 37
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I think you card is staying with HSBC, like they said in the early info.   It is the Orchard, Household, and Co-branded cards that are being sold.

Message 8 of 37
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

This is the ONLY USA available HSBC card that is being kept by HSBC: http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/hsbcpremier/privileges and the management of this assect management account is going to be moved to Ireland. All other branded and co-branded HSBC-Household cards are going to Capital One. If one thinks only the "sub-prime" cards are going to Capital One, they are going to be very wrong.

BTW, the new Kohl's cards which went from Chase as of August 11, 2011 to Capital One, does NOT say Capital One on it either. Co-Branded cards are just that, branded for the store (Best Buy, Kohls, etc) and managed by the "Bank".   

Message 9 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just looked at the HSBC website and the main office is in MCLean VA according to the docs (http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/pdf/hbus_factsheet_0911.pdf?HSBC_ad=ourcompany/features/txt_moreab... It's strange. I thought it was in New York.

Ron.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.