Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got ahead of myself and knocked 5 steps back :(

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Got ahead of myself and knocked 5 steps back :(

Call chase! I think theyre number one in recons... Got all my cards from them thru recons... Love their customer service.... Good luck!

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 11 of 20
chris1960
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new house.  A new house is your counter-action to the inquiries...Paying that Mortgage for awhile will boost your CS.

EQ 650 | TU 652 | EX 676 MyFICO SCORES 06/01/2014

Current Cards: NFCU nRewards Visa $25,000 | Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig $7000 | USAA VFW Amex $7,000 | Lowes $5,900 | Chase SWA RR Visa Sig: $5,000 | AMEX BCE $5000 | AMEX PRG NPSL
Message 12 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats on you new home OP and definitely call Chase!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 20
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Be sure to recon with Chase! A denial can go to an approval just with a phone call. Just state your case and more often than not, the analyst will look into it and hopefully get it approved!

I've never applied for anything with TD, so I don't know how to recon with them. Some people have had success writing to Citi's EO for recon, but be prepared to have a second HP.

I called Citi, no go Smiley Mad Lowes and asked for an increase, no go Smiley Mad and Chase, got approved for 1200!! Smiley Tongue   Thanks to you guys I feel better that my Lowes card should grow quickly and I have my first prime card, I was hoping for a higher limit but at this point I will take what I can get!!! 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good for you! Always, always recon ESP if your credit report needs explaining like mtg inq's
Message 15 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@newhouse2013 wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Be sure to recon with Chase! A denial can go to an approval just with a phone call. Just state your case and more often than not, the analyst will look into it and hopefully get it approved!

I've never applied for anything with TD, so I don't know how to recon with them. Some people have had success writing to Citi's EO for recon, but be prepared to have a second HP.

I called Citi, no go Smiley Mad Lowes and asked for an increase, no go Smiley Mad and Chase, got approved for 1200!! Smiley Tongue   Thanks to you guys I feel better that my Lowes card should grow quickly and I have my first prime card, I was hoping for a higher limit but at this point I will take what I can get!!! 

yay with Chase!!! big congrats!!! Eventually you will get in with other prime lenders! hang in there! just let some of those INQs age a bit and you can try Citi again in 6-12 months.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Which TD card did you go for?  I think they have recently revamped their structure so some cards have a much higher threshold than others.

Message 17 of 20
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new home and congrats on the new TLs, especially the Chase recon.

Message 18 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase recon lives up to it's reputation!!  Congrats, you've done well.  Give the Lowe's card 4 months and request a CLI through Credit Solutions!

Message 19 of 20
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Which TD card did you go for?  I think they have recently revamped their structure so some cards have a much higher threshold than others.

It was the TD Easy Rewards card. and I just called them and even though they gave me the 7-10 day message, it was declined. Oh well, I will just concentrate on what I have now and build from there. Thank you to everyone for your help! 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.