Frequent Contributor
seigex

Got an email from Chase - thought it was interesting

Just got this email from Chase, figured what I highlighted in red might be useful to a lot of you guys like it is me... this is one of the reasons I love Chase...

COMING SOON!
WE’RE MAKING A HELPFUL IMPROVEMENT TO CHASE ONLINE.
At Chase, we’re always using feedback from customers like you to bring you a superior online experience. So we’re making an update to chase.com that will make managing your Chase credit card account more convenient.

IMPROVED PAYMENT FEATURES
When you make a payment from your Chase checking account, your available credit on your credit card will be updated right away. So if you have an important purchase to make, you can be confident that you’ll be able to do so immediately.
As a reminder, you still have the flexibility to choose the exact date — including weekends and holidays — when you want your Chase credit card payment to be credited to your credit card account.

AN UPDATED ACCOUNT SUMMARY
All the information you need to stay on top of your account, including your payment history, balance due, available credit and more, will now be conveniently summarized on one simple screen.
We’ve also added helpful reminders such as "Due date is in 5 days" or "Payment is past due" so you always know what’s happening with your account.

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Contributor
Elcid89

Re: Got an email from Chase - thought it was interesting

Useful info, thanks.

With the caveat that Chase's demand products aren't much to speak about, IMO, and they won't open a checking account for anyone who lives outside their service areas.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Frequent Contributor
TheConductor

Can't say I would agree about Chase's demand products not being much to speak about.  

Their checking pretty consistently has a sign-up bonus between $125 and $300. For many, many checking customers, that's more than they would earn in 2 or 3 years of having one of those hard-to-maintain 2-3% high-interest checking accounts. Those are great for people who are primarily savers, but for folks who are heavy spenders or heavy investors and consequently don't keep a large checking balance, the Chase bonus is pretty good.

Plus, you have the Chase Exclusives bonuses that apply if you also have a Chase credit card.

Are they the best in the business for checking? Hardly. But they're far from the worst, either.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 670 (myFICO 9/8/14), EX 694 (Prosper 7/17/14) , TU 693 (WalMart 9/2/14) Goal: 700+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Walmart (Store) $2.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Best Buy Rewards MC $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

They really need to open up their checking accounts to out of state folk.  I can't see why online only banks do this and BM banks don't.  I've had an eTrade account for 7 years until recently.  They have no geographic limitations.  The nearest CHASE is in NJ for me, however with their mobile app, I wouldn't need to visit a branch.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Senior Contributor
john398

Thats nice they will make payments update right away from a Chase account, I am usure they make more money on a credit transaction than a debit transaction and its safer for us too :smileyhappy: its win win

Established Contributor
jcstarkey8826

This is great info! I have a $150 reward to open a chase checking at home, I might just do this. I work for another bank, but I wont tell :smileywink: haha

In my wallet: GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL, Charter One Platinum Rewards 500 CL, Chase Freedom 800 CL, Wal Mart Discover Card 6300 CL, Kay Jewelers 3000 CL
Established Contributor
djrez4

john398 wrote:

Thats nice they will make payments update right away from a Chase account, I am usure they make more money on a credit transaction than a debit transaction and its safer for us too :smileyhappy: its win win

That's the biggest bonus I take from it.  It's silly that it takes 24 hours for a payment from my Chase account to post on my Chase credit card.

Senior Contributor
john398

djrez4 wrote:

john398 wrote:

That's the biggest bonus I take from it.  It's silly that it takes 24 hours for a payment from my Chase account to post on my Chase credit card.

Has Chase already made this happen? and is it for all cards? I mean making the available credit available when you make a payment froma chase checking account?

Established Contributor
djrez4

I thought I noticed it when I paid my cards this month.  The current balance didn't change immediately, but available credit did.

Super Contributor
Ron1

It is nice to know. I already took  $200 bonus to open a checking earlier this year. They already gave me 10/10 bonus for Chase Freedom.

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}