cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an interesting email from Capitol One this morning.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got an interesting email from Capitol One this morning.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically it was checking to see if I really left as big a tip I did on a charge at a restaurant last week.  Said "we hope it was for exceptional service' but if not please let us know..  Indicated that they were doing it for tips over 30%.  Guess it's good that they are being proactive.

Pretty good tipper eh.

I usually max out at 20% :/

Yeah I tip pretty well. Mainly because my g/f works there as well and this bill was from the bar part of the restaurant and let's just say I wasn't charged for as many drinks as I should have been

Oh heck, I would have tipped more than 20% in that case too Smiley Wink

Maybe not 50%, but somewhere between the two.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically it was checking to see if I really left as big a tip I did on a charge at a restaurant last week.  Said "we hope it was for exceptional service' but if not please let us know..  Indicated that they were doing it for tips over 30%.  Guess it's good that they are being proactive.

Pretty good tipper eh.

I usually max out at 20% :/

Yeah I tip pretty well. Mainly because my g/f works there as well and this bill was from the bar part of the restaurant and let's just say I wasn't charged for as many drinks as I should have been

Oh heck, I would have tipped more than 20% in that case too Smiley Wink

Maybe not 50%, but somewhere between the two.

Forgot to add that she was hot.  That is at least 10%

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha.

Hot don't do anything for me unless it's a certain type of bar. I'll let you figure the rest out. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 17
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

your g/f or the waitress? Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Both :-)

Message 15 of 17
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Both :-)

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 16 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Typically how it works at the bars I goto that I know the bartenders.  Get like a $20 bill and tip at least that amount depending on how many drinks/shots my friends and I have had.  Has never raised a red flag with capital one..  I do see how an initial charge (authorization) for the food and the a subsequent final autorization for the difference could show this as I have seen restraurants go form pending x charge to finalized y charge.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.