Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved: Blue for students from AmEx

tag
Greg34
New Contributor

Re: Got approved: Blue for students from AmEx

Yeah, everyone is saying that it is a tough one to get... I don't know how I did it, I have no credit.
Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you literally have no credit history, you'll have a credit score after 6 months of an open, active tradeline (CC, loan, etc.)

Since you have no baddies, and if you work this Amex well, I think that you will have a score of 680 to 710, if not better, in 6 months. Those who start out squeaky clean and take very good care of their new credit seem to wind up in this range.

As Timothy hinted, if you get a second AmEx next January, it will report with an opening date of January 2008, instead of Jan 2009. January for the month that you get the card, and 2008 for the year that you opened your first AmEx card. That way you won't even get a new card ding!

congrats!

edit: thanks for the rescue, cheddar!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-01-2008 06:33 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
As Timothy hinted, if you get a second AmEx next January, it will report with an opening date of January 2007, instead of Jan 2008. January for the month that you get the card, and 2007 for the year that you opened your first AmEx card. That way you won't even get a new card ding!

Errr....it will report as Jan 2008 instead of Jan 2009. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Errr....it will report as Jan 2008 instead of Jan 2009. Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks, I'm doing end-of-the-month closeout and quarterly census, and I don't even know what year it is any more. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.