New Contributor

Got approved: Blue for students from AmEx

Good Morning!

Just wanted to share the good news and say that I was approved for the Blue for students from American Express with a $1000 CL. I have a blank credit history so I'm starting from scratch here.

I had a few questions...
  • How long before I start seeing a decent credit score, 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?
  • I don't plan on carrying a balance, is that better for building my score?
  • After 6 months - 1 year should I look into getting another card?
  • Basically I want a good credit score because I plan on buying a car within the next 24 months and a house within the next 48 months
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got approved: Blue for students from AmEx

Wow- AMEX student card is a tough approval congrats-
Moderator Emeritus

Open another account with them in January-

ask for a CLI in 6 months-
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the student approval! From what I've read, this is one tough card to get.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Moderator Emeritus

That's great news, Greg!  Congratulations!!!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
New Contributor

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm really glad I got the AmEx and didn't have to screw around with Capital One.

Anymore advice?
Frequent Contributor

Greg34 wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm really glad I got the AmEx and didn't have to screw around with Capital One.

Anymore advice?

Yeah, try to PIF with your AMEX every month.
New Contributor

Yeah I plan on paying it off in full every month!
Contributor

Great Job...I hear that one is a TOUGHIE!!!
My friends, my family, my FICO!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.