cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for AmEx Blue! Yay! :) Should I apply for one more?

tag
russum

Re: Got approved for AmEx Blue! Yay! :) Should I apply for one more?

Just called, $2,500!

Good enough for now!

Thank you!

So they don't do automatic CLI like my Wells Fargo does every 6 or so months (without my requests)?

Also, now that I will get both - is it possible that AmEx and Chase will SP (let's say in a month ot two) me and see eachother and possible decrease the CLs (I also assume my credit score will go down a little now?)?

Message 11 of 16
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

I had my freedom for 2 years before I saw an auto CLI so don't hold your breath. It's still my favorite card.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 12 of 16
FrugalRican
Blogger

So they don't do automatic CLI like my Wells Fargo does every 6 or so months (without my requests)?

Also, now that I will get both - is it possible that AmEx and Chase will SP (let's say in a month ot two) me and see eachother and possible decrease the CLs (I also assume my credit score will go down a little now?)?

Congratulations.

I've had the Freedom for over 6 months now and I've torn into that card with expenses. No auto-CLI. And I PIF each month. Oh well.

If they were to do that, they would have done that to me by now, and they haven't.

Your score will go down a "little" for now, but give it time, garden and it'll come back up. Your AAOA is the one thing taking a bit of a hit, out of everything else.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@russum wrote:

Just called, $2,500!

Good enough for now!

Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about it.  Applying for 2 cards at one time isn't really that many.

Message 14 of 16
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congrats!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 15 of 16
russum

Thanks everyone!

I think my next goal will be CLI on my Discover.

Should I call them on monday or should I wait until my two new cards will show up so my total CL is increased? Or will that scare them away?

Also, I kinda lost hope with my USBank CC CLI. That was my first CC and they only gave me $350 but I still managed to put over $15k on it over the first year somehow. I did ask for a CLI bunch of times via their weired online form but they wouldn't do it until one day they gave me $150 CLI (I already got my second CC at the time - Wells Fargo with $800 CL). And that's it. 3 years later - still no sign of any CLIs from them and I just got kinda tired of asking them the first 2 years.

Thanks again for all your help!

Update:

OK, couldn't wait till Monday, went to Discover website - it said cli was currently unavailable, called the 800 number, entered 5, 4 - answered some questions, said couldn't verify something so transfered me to a CSR, he asked me some more info and gave me a $500 CLI (I requested $1,000 I think). Not too bad if it was a SP, and kinda sucks if it was a HP. Not sure why I didn't ask what it was but will see on my next refresh. Also asked why I didn't receive a 5% cashback for one of the ShopDiscover purchases and got that too. Smiley Happy

Now the black sheep is the USBank CC. I found many contradictory statements on the forum on whether they HP or SP on CLIs so not sure what to do about that one and kinda scared to contact them since they turned me down so many times in the past.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.