Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for Amex Delta skymiles and Cap 1

tag
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Got approved for Amex Delta skymiles and Cap 1

I finally got something non secured I feel the storm clouds moving LOL Smiley Wink
Amex $1000
Cap 1 $1000
Credit union at my job signature loan/Loc $7500
This was all today. Amex and Cap1 are my first non secured non store credit cards and  I feel kind of giddy is that silly ? I think I should check into that concord center I'm hearing little voices telling me to app. Now I finally see what you guys meant all this time  and it feels good Smiley Tongue

09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Got approved for Amex Delta skymiles and Cap 1

Congrats....Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesnt it feel good to get hit off with some Credit luv.  Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  I know the feeling because HSBC just hit me off with a 1000 dollar CLI on my HSBC MC today.  Hip Hip Hooray.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-02-2008 05:21 PM
Message 3 of 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I'm wondering if your scores are higher than the 4/08 you have posted.
They might have gone up for that AMEX.
Either way congrats.
What CU do you use?

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sweet!

Isn't it nice being regarded as someone whose business they want? And all that in one day; very nice. All that hard work has paid off.

Now come up for air PDQ and put in writing or on Notepad on your computer exactly what you want, what it will take to get it, and when you're going to go for it. That will save you from some weird unplanned random apps that won't move you forward. (Don't ask how I know this. Smiley Wink ) many congrats
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the family -

Time to pull some fresh scores-
Message 6 of 10
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

did AMEX approved you with those scores or more up to date scores???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 7 of 10
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. Actually my scores are higher see my new siggy sorry I forgot to update that Smiley Wink
6 months ago all I could get was no credit check secured cards no I have an Amex! <blushing> 

The credit union is called Healthcare employees federal credit union they refinanced my auto loan from 23% interest to 11% Smiley Surprised I know, I know this was my ignorant time of life I didn't even ask what the rate was going to be when I first got my car I was just worried about how much the payments would be. Oh well live and learn.

The last card I want is Nasa because I joined like 6months ago in hopes of one day apping do you guys think I have a good chance? No fatal baddies some old paid CO's. 

BTW thanks again I couldn't have come this far without this forum you guys AND girls Smiley Wink are great!!!
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 8 of 10
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

*chants to self*  You will not apply, you will not apply, you will not apply!!

Congrats on your success!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That 619 after the AMEX inq?

You are doing well then- keep doing what your doing-

sonogirl wrote:
Thanks guys. Actually my scores are higher see my new siggy sorry I forgot to update that Smiley Wink
6 months ago all I could get was no credit check secured cards no I have an Amex!  

The credit union is called Healthcare employees federal credit union they refinanced my auto loan from 23% interest to 11% Smiley Surprised I know, I know this was my ignorant time of life I didn't even ask what the rate was going to be when I first got my car I was just worried about how much the payments would be. Oh well live and learn.

The last card I want is Nasa because I joined like 6months ago in hopes of one day apping do you guys think I have a good chance? No fatal baddies some old paid CO's. 

BTW thanks again I couldn't have come this far without this forum you guys AND girls Smiley Wink are great!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.