Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for a HSBC Best Buy MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for a HSBC Best Buy MC

I received an invitation in the mail for a HSBC best buy MC. This makes my third credit card second one with HSBC. My other is a Cap 1. Unfortunately it was a very low CL $300.00 Most of my accounts are new and also have low CL so I'm sure this one of the reasons why the CL was low. I also have about six inquiries one will drop in August. My Fico score was last time I checked 640 but I had two baddies deleted. My TU Fako was 651. This will be the last of the credit apps for awhile. I'm trying to get my Fico score to increase so I can buy a house in a couple of years.

Message Edited by mainemedic on 05-13-2008 05:06 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approved for a HSBC Best Buy MC

Congrats on getting the card I have one of their cards also I really like the card and love to shop @ Best Buy. N-joy the card and maybe they will send you some CLI luv soon .Insert Smileys
Message 2 of 11
diva0969
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card! However, I doubt if they CLI anytime soon.  I've had  BB MC for over a year and no CLI love!  They said it wasn't available with this card.  Never been late, always paid more than the minimum...I'm paying them off this month and socking it to them!

Made a mistake, just looked at my statement and my anniversary date is later this month.  Paying it now and closing as soon as the payment  posts!

Message Edited by diva0969 on 05-13-2008 08:29 PM
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thatta" Girl diva Bury that "Puppy"Insert Smileys
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to me people have a poor view of this card. Is there something I should be aware of?
Message 5 of 11
Logical
Regular Contributor

mainemedic wrote:
Seems to me people have a poor view of this card. Is there something I should be aware of?

No. It appears the store card has larger cls, and that is what folks prefer. At your stage a tl is a tl. Even if it doesn't grow with you It will still help build for better credit later. Don't worry about it. Congratulations!
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Logical wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
No. It appears the store card has larger cls, and that is what folks prefer. At your stage a tl is a tl. Even if it doesn't grow with you It will still help build for better credit later. Don't worry about it. Congratulations!

People get frustrated, because they'd like to use it for the rewards program, and it's tough when they give you a low CL. Maddening in a store full of expensive goodies! Use it and enjoy.

BTW, if you're one of those who try to time their payments, HSBC reports on the last business day of the month, and they report your balance as of that date.

Since my BB hasn't reported yet, I don't have personal knowledge of this, so HSBC'ers, please feel free to jump in and correct if necessary!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for the information. I hope to keep this card and my others in good standing of course I said that before and before I knew it I had been laid off and looking for another job. This seems to be a repeating pattern with me.
Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, if your screen name is telling us your location and occupation, I've heard that this happens to paramedics and it happens in Maine. Hang in there! You're performing a great service, anyway.

edit: OK, getting cross-eyed now! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-13-2008 08:28 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
Logical
Regular Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

BTW, if you're one of those who try to time their payments, HSBC reports on the last business day of the month, and they report your balance as of that date.

Since my BB hasn't reported yet, I don't have personal knowledge of this, so HSBC'ers, please feel free to jump in and correct if necessary!

I decided to check back the last 5 months (checked around mid-month Jan-May)
BB & Household Bank MC update the last day of the month.
HSBC Direct Rewards Discover updates the around the 5th of the month (always the exact day my statement cuts).
They don't seem to hit the CR until the 10th  or so & DR Disc hits first.

I didn't check the dollar amount, though. Too much work! Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.