Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for the account, declined to open it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for the account, declined to open it

but it's already on my reports! I called the CC company and they said it will close out with a $0 balance. I want the whole thing vamoosed. Should I dispute? Called to cancel before even laying eyes on the card.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
first48
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got approved for the account, declined to open it

Which credit card company and what's the limit on the card?
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One $750
Message 3 of 8
first48
Frequent Contributor

I was approved with Credit One Bank at the end of August for only a 200.00 limit.  Then when I started applying other places and rec'd a card through my CU I called and canceled the card.  They did not put the account on my credit report but HSBC did when I decided not to accept their card.

2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 4 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately, applying for the account, even if you do not accept the terms and never activate, seems to be grounds to report on your CRs. It's been discussed several times here before, and while I can't remember the exact reasoning, it's a valid account.

I got stuck with one of these once, and it's still there to this day.  

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a capital one card I never received but was billed for the annual fee.  Called them, got the account closed with a zero balance.  Disputed with the CB that had the account on file and they deleted it from my report.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

why don't you want it now after applying? that's a great CL for Credit One
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well now that I've got an NFCU car loan, a Target and Macy's card, plus a Hooters (plus a joint NFCU Platinum Visa, not sure about the CL yet), I want to focus on tending to these accounts, waiting a year, and then applying for a few more prime accounts. In other words, I don't want any other "Subprime" credit cards on my report.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.