Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got denied!!!! Capital one plat

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got denied!!!! Capital one plat

@Anonymous wrote:
you guys might be right but then agin how can i make cap one reconsider if there's some type of error ? that is without them pulling my credit and hurting me Smiley Sad ?

Capital One, probably not... I'm actually so surprised how many don't use the pre-qual they offer on the website when looking at credit cards (personal only)

If it doesn't offer something, don't apply... I tested in 2-3 times applying with no offer and then after i settled old account i had pre-qual come up with a card and applied and it was instantly approved...

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i did apply from a pre aproved letter on the mail , but i did recently move to a new adress i leassed a new apt aprox 3 months ago.

Message 12 of 20
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
you guys might be right but then agin how can i make cap one reconsider if there's some type of error ? that is without them pulling my credit and hurting me Smiley Sad ?

That's where the letter in hand comes in.  If you know the reason before calling you can begin developing an explanation prior to making the call.  If you call blindly then you'll have to ask the reason and then wing your defense on the fly.

In the end your odds of reversal really depend on the issue.  If it's a policy thing with them then move on.  If it's an issue with something they don't like on your report(s) - I'll bet the house the pulled all 3 - then you're self-salesmanship skills are on stage.  Also, since you were declined, make sure to pull your reports so if they bring an item up you can speak knowledgeably about it.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

true then will wait until the letter arrives .

now what would be another way to get credit and raise my credit .

store credit ?

also buying furniture and getting credit with them that way ?

Message 14 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I did not have a preapproval offer come up but I applied anyway and was approved with a $2000 limit on the Cash Rewards card.

I do believe you can only have 2 cards with them and you have to wait at least 45 days to apply for the second.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow well thats cool might be age discimination ? im 23 lol

Message 16 of 20
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

wow well thats cool might be age discimination ? im 23 lol

Pretty sure it's illegal to deny someone due to age unless they under 18. i got my cap one platinum at 19 y/o.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OHHH WOW . did you have any history ? any credit ?

Message 18 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I applied for my cap1 through a mail offer as well, and they started me at 3k.was 18 at the time, so I doubt it was age discrimination, plus what mike said. Illegal.

No history (other than about 8k student loans in deferment) when approved.
Message 19 of 20
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Dont bother with c1 try GE cards they are easy to get and cli every month.Good luck

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.