Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got denied for a Discover IT student card

tag
machpar
Valued Member

Got denied for a Discover IT student card

Got denied right off the bat from Discover.  Rather disappointed.  I called the recon line and tried to talk them into giving me an account but they said I have a collection showing on my transunion.  My TU score is a 604.  Took a hard pull for nothing.  Smiley Sad

Trying to buy a house Smiley Sad
480 - 4/2012
624- 6/2013

Getting there :/
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got denied for a Discover IT student card

Sorry for the denial. Though Discover can be a YMMV on approvals/CL's. I don't think I've seen an approval with a CS in the low 600's. have you pulled your CR's? One Ca shouldn't hit your CS that hard? Have you been apping recently?
Message 2 of 4
machpar
Valued Member

Rebulding pretty hard the past few months.  I was hoping to graduate back to a big boy card.  I had a $7200 limit Citi card that I was about maxed out on two years ago that I closed because I was offered a 0% interest repayment plan.  I never should have done that.  :/

Trying to buy a house Smiley Sad
480 - 4/2012
624- 6/2013

Getting there :/
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Based on your siggy, I'd work on whatever baddies that are lingering on your CR's. if you have any cc's, keep your util down when you are going to app but more importantly- refrain from app'ng once you get your cs's to mortgage app requirements.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.