Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got interesting info on cli on Kohls today

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got interesting info on cli on Kohls today

@pizza1 wrote:
Credit addict!!! We need to test this out! I already have so many inquires that one more in 5months isn't gonna hurt, lol!!! She did tell me I could call in anytime, daily if I wanted too to ask for a cli, but suggested the chances were better of getting one if I waited 6statements. We shall see!

I would wait roughly about 6-8 months and call them again.  I called for mine during last July since I just happened to have a couple other unrelated questions on my account.  So the moment she said she could do it, I went for it...knowing they could probably change their mind again...LOL.  And, it was SP.  It now sits at $2.5K, which is pretty sufficient for Kohls.

Message 11 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Sooooo..... Called Kohls customer service today to find out when my billing cycle ends every month and my due date. (This is a new card from last month, and needed to know when my 1st statement generates). Anyway..... So as I'm finding out my details about my account the rep (after being transferred finally to an American agent I could understand).... She tells me that my statement will cut anywhere from the 5th-9th of every month, and due on the 4th of the following month.

[...deleted...]

Captial One backs the card, so theres the problem. Looks like ill probably close this card. Too much hassle for a stupid cli.... Geeez 

Yep, the Kohl's card used to be in-house, then went to Chase, and has landed at Capital One.

I don't know whether it's SP or HP, nor how many bureaus, sadly.

My last dealing with them on a Best Buy card (was HSBC, then CapOne) before Citi took it over was that they only ran one report, but it was a HP for a CLI. I went through HAMP, and that was automatic grounds for a CLI denial even though I'm two years post-HAMP.

I just use the Kohl's for the discounts, and PIF, so I've no reason to need a CLI, and the limit is sufficient.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 16
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Just called today and it was a SP, didn't get it but not surprised as I just got one 4 mos ago.  She said there is no schedule but better to wait until after 6 mos from last one.  She said nothing about HP's or any new procedure.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well at least it was SP.

Message 14 of 16
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Just called them today myself to find out the story on why I was still at $300 after very low reasonable usage for a few months. They declined CLI and first rep said it was a sp and the 2nd then told me they couldn't tell if sp or hp or what report is pulled even?? Sounds like they severely limited what the CSR can see at Kohls even. Off to speak to Cap One EO I guess. Seems like everything needs to be manual reviewed these days with Cap One??

Message 15 of 16
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

I called today to ask for CLI and was informed that they would not know whether it would be a soft or hard pull so I decided not to continue. She did mention that apparently they do periodic evaluations of your credit reports and may grant an auto CLI if you qualify. Guess I'll just wait.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.