Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my 1st Chase Recon over with...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my 1st Chase Recon over with...

If you plan to have HIGH limits be prepared for lots of talk time because occasionally you are just gonna have to do it.

They can't do any more damage to your reports than you have already done yourself. Eventually you'll even get like me and call a previous lender for 15 reconsiderations. Smiley Tongue
Message 21 of 81
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Maybe youll show some restraint and stop apping for stuff now.

Do you ever say anything nice or positive? you never do to me...I know Ive apped too much, gone over board, etcc.. Im not stupid. I did it knowingly, and pay the consequences, but do you have to rub it in every time? I actually had a good call with Chase, and appreciated his feed back, bad or good.

Message 22 of 81
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@akula wrote:
Yes, seriously.. you must stop applying for everything. I see a new store card every week. If I recall you have 30+ inquiries on each CRA.

If you really want prime lenders, then you need to garden. You have more than enough to build a thick file after your negarive accounts fall off. You obviously don't need any more credit since as you stated, you have over 100k thus far. Now apping has become an addiction. Just my opinion.

Same opinion here.

It's actually becoming an addiction for me to do a forum search for pizza's latest posts whenever I login so I can read the next 10+ page thread on her new account.

Good with my morning coffee.

I am amazed that someone with a fresh BK7 can actually accumulate this much credit in such a short period... but the method to the lender's madness is they know you can't file again for 8 years.

One can't help but wonder if this type of overboard applications are what led to the BK7 in the first place?  Do tell.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 23 of 81
northface28
Established Contributor

Believe me, that was "nice", what I really want to say would get me suspended.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 24 of 81
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Maybe youll show some restraint and stop apping for stuff now.

Do you ever say anything nice or positive? you never do to me...I know Ive apped too much, gone over board, etcc.. Im not stupid. I did it knowingly, and pay the consequences, but do you have to rub it in every time? I actually had a good call with Chase, and appreciated his feed back, bad or good.

+1

Another reminder to everyone that you can disagree with a credit decision made by someone but do so in the proper manner.

If you can't seem to bring yourself to be respectful then just move on without commenting.

Message 25 of 81
northface28
Established Contributor

Dually noted, I won't comment on anymore of her credit escapades.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 26 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always liked that word. Escapades..
Message 27 of 81
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you plan to have HIGH limits be prepared for lots of talk time because occasionally you are just gonna have to do it.

They can't do any more damage to your reports than you have already done yourself. Eventually you'll even get like me and call a previous lender for 15 reconsiderations. Smiley Tongue

I should call Discover 15 times when they first denied me a year ago LOL

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 28 of 81
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Did they HP you for this app, pizza? 'cause I know some lenders just dey you right off the bat without any HP because of previous BK.

Sorry I can't find your old thread to read.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 29 of 81
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Pizza.

Actually that was a really good recon attempt.. You learned how to do it ...and it wasn't so bad, now was it...

Would you like a bit of benadryl for your app itch?

Theres some great folks in the garden here.....Also im offering to loan you my Patent Pending "Anti-App Keyboard"

It has a heating element under the keys, esp the enter key... When the software detects a credit app on screen.. the temprature on the keyboard gets hotter the longer your on the page... even so far as to give you a mild burn if you hit Accept or Submit.... It also raises the temprature for every HP and SP in your report...

Youve done suprisingly well for yourself... now enjoy the fruits of your labor... it will reward you handsomly in time...

At first I was going to say 

Stop. Don’t. Come back. (Willy Wonka)

But... your a bit beyond that point.. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing your sucessess.. But they were starting to come at too high of a price....

Now its time to think about quality vs quantity, and let things grow...

Folks really do care..... Its just a bit hard to see someone slamming themselves in a corner....

I implore you.... Relax, Chill, and let time do its work... 

-J

Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.