cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Amex BCE today, it's beautiful.

tag
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Re: Got my Amex BCE today, it's beautiful.

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't like the look of the Blue cards. Sure they're unique but, I'm sometimes underwhelmed (although, I do have one). 

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 11 of 36
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I have yet to activate it but I was wondering does the 3x 61 days CLI starts or gets counted from the day you get approved for the card or the day you actually activate the card? I am just terribly confused on this :/
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 12 of 36
Commandolam
New Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I have yet to activate it but I was wondering does the 3x 61 days CLI starts or gets counted from the day you get approved for the card or the day you actually activate the card? I am just terribly confused on this :/

I'm pretty certain it starts the day your account is opened (not the same thing as activated) which is usually a few days after you're approved.  I'd just take the day you were approved, add 61 days, then add another 5 days before requesting the CLI just to be safe.  

That's what I'll be doing with my new BCE.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 13 of 36
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Or you could actually calculate your 61 days by using the account creation date off your online account. It's easy, and worked very well for me. Applied at 8 am on the 61st day and was approved for full 3x.

Btw, I put barely $1,000 on the card in the first 6 months, so clearly heavy usage does not appear to be required.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 36
Open123
Super Contributor

@ceemee2203 wrote:

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't like the look of the Blue cards. Sure they're unique but, I'm sometimes underwhelmed (although, I do have one). 

No, you're not the only one.

While the I find the card has a very modern look, I find it looks a little "cheap" when compared to their other cards.  I still think the "classic" charge cards looks the best out of all their cards.

Message 15 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It doesn't look cheap!! Lol
I just like that it's see through!
It is the 61st day after approval! :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 36
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I agree - I have a PRG, and I honestly like the look of my BCP better than it Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 17 of 36
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

I have a PRG and BCE, but I think the business green card (which my firm has) is the prettiest. 

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 18 of 36
ready13
New Contributor

Congrats to everyone here on this post I looked into getting a zync which I really wanted but they stopped taking applications on it. I looked into both gold cards and recieved an RSVP invite app. So I filled out and got it yesterday evening. AM SUPER EXCITED. Only 1year into the credit world but this gold Amex will be a beauty to look at.Awaiting for the mail to touch down impatiently .. I have worked so hard to get here I hope no one scratches it !!;(
Message 19 of 36
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Ty guys/gals I love the card already put 1/4 of credit on it. At my 13 months with green I will upgrade to prg.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.