Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Amex Green

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Got my Amex Green

@E150GT wrote:

I think the amex green is one of the best looking cards personally. 

+1

It's still my favorite card aesthetically, even after all these years.

Message 21 of 28
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

@open

Same here. Have never had one because of the annual fee. I would never be able to make up for the fee now that the bonus points mall is gone. Smiley Sad
I might upgrade my unicorn to the senior green though, but I really don't know if I would ever use it. It's definitely aesthetic! That's for sure!
Message 22 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:
@Anonymous

Same here. Have never had one because of the annual fee. I would never be able to make up for the fee now that the bonus points mall is gone. Smiley Sad
I might upgrade my unicorn to the senior green though, but I really don't know if I would ever use it. It's definitely aesthetic! That's for sure!

Yeah, I'm thinking the way to go is have the Senior Green for $35 + Amex Blue.  However, since the Green has no rewards, you'd never actually use it anywhere.  At least, it'll always look brand new!

Message 23 of 28
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Congrats!

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of the green anymore :-/

I really want to upgrade to the Gold Premier Rewards. I got my amex last year. So I think I'll be converting it in the next couple months. I was excited at first, because my goal was to have an amex, but then that excitement is gone now :-/ My goal NOW is to get approved for a revolving card with amex. Because apparently the charge cards are easier to get approved for than the revolving cards (which I just don't see why). But once I get approved for a revolving card with amex, THEN i'll be set.

HOWEVER, not taking away from you what you've accomplished. Getting approved for amex is DEFINITELY an accomplishment. Congrats again! You've finally got your foot in the door!!

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 24 of 28
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Green might be heading my way if I PC from Zync next week!

I remember my dad having one a long time ago sand thinking it was a sharp lookin card!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 25 of 28
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Came in the mail, and even though some people frown upon it because its a charge, it sure is pretty Smiley Happy

Congrats! I miss my Green--well technically I can still use it even though its a Zync now. lol. Good luck and don't forget to garden. Smiley Very Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 26 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Im wanting an Amex charge these days! Waiting for a good sign up bonus on PRG! These cards report the highest balance? Right? And then util on the account is based on proceeding balances? So, in theory, this could mess up your util?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 28
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!
Im wanting an Amex charge these days! Waiting for a good sign up bonus on PRG! These cards report the highest balance? Right? And then util on the account is based on proceeding balances? So, in theory, this could mess up your util?

It does report the highest balance, and they USED to use your highest balance as your credit limit, but thats no longer in place. NOW, amex doesn't go towards your UTL period.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.