Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Barclaycard Ring MC today!

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Got my Barclaycard Ring MC today!

It's beautiful, I can only imagine how good looking the Amex Unicorn is.. too bad I missed by 1 month Smiley Sad

Anyway, Barclay already reporting... but it reported the toy limit before the recon Smiley Sad

I guess I will have to wait for next month statement to cut to get proper reporting of CL.

Also, what is this paypass thingy on the card? I just tap the card at the place where it is accepted?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Got my Barclaycard Ring MC today!

@armbenderc wrote:

It's beautiful, I can only imagine how good looking the Amex Unicorn is.. too bad I missed by 1 month Smiley Sad

Anyway, Barclay already reporting... but it reported the toy limit before the recon Smiley Sad

I guess I will have to wait for next month statement to cut to get proper reporting of CL.

Also, what is this paypass thingy on the card? I just tap the card at the place where it is accepted?

Congrats you should actually see a score bump from them reporting they report a DEC. 1969 date of open account but it will change to the real date next month...Barclay is different 

Congrats again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Congrats you should actually see a score bump from them reporting they report a DEC. 1969 date of open account but it will change to the real date next month...Barclay is different 

Congrats again

Wait what? DEC 1969? Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 10
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Paypass:
https://www.paypass.com/

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Congrats again

Wait what? DEC 1969? Smiley Surprised

Yep you got it Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats.

What's up with Dec 1969?

I think its a system default date I was hoping they left it but didn't next month Boom orginal date displayed. Smiley Sad

Others have reported same thing

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats.

What's up with Dec 1969?

I think its a system default date I was hoping they left it but didn't next month Boom orginal date displayed. Smiley Sad

They fixed it. I just look at my creditsecure via amex and it show opened date of 6/1/13

Message 8 of 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! I love my Ring card. Be sure to get involved in the Ring community. We are shaping the future of this card!!
Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats.

What's up with Dec 1969?

They fixed it. I just look at my creditsecure via amex and it show opened date of 6/1/13

Smiley Sad They finally caught up with it.Smiley Sad

I jumped 10 pts so the next month saw no adverse big drop in score maybe 2pts at best

Jan 8, 2013You have had 1 new account added to your credit report.
Accounts Activity

The following accounts have been added to your credit report since your last score update on Jan 7, 2013:

Account:   Type: Date Opened: Credit Limit: Balance:
1. BRCLYSBANKDE Credit CardDec 31, 1969$1500$0
Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.