cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Citi ThankYou Preferred today.. Question??

tag
akabigo
Contributor

Got my Citi ThankYou Preferred today.. Question??

Does anyone know how the sign up bonuses work? When I applied it was for 15000 points/spend $1000/first 3 months. Should that be on my online account anywhere or automatically calculated as I spend? I just want to make sure that I have that promo and that it didnt get "lost" in the process.

Thanks

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Re: Got my Citi ThankYou Preferred today.. Question??

If you don't mind, what is your credit profile like? Score, Utl, AAoA, negatives?

I too applied about 2 days ago and haven't gotten a decision. I'm getting a little anxious.
Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed customer service a few weeks ago about this. My offer is different but here is the response I got.

Your account is enrolled in the promotional offer to receive 7500 bonus ThankYou Point(s) as long as you spend $500 by 2/12/13. The points may be redeemed for a $75.00 gift card or other items.

Please allow 2 billing periods after you have made the necessary purchases for the points to appear on your statement. If they have not appeared after that time, please call us. For your convenience, our number is listed on the back of your card.

To redeem the ThankYou Points you?ve earned or to obtain additional information regarding the items offered for redemption, please call ThankYou Rewards customer service at 1-800-842-6596, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m., ET; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., ET. You may also visit the website at www.thankyou.com.

Message 3 of 5
akabigo
Contributor

@irving_magik wrote:
If you don't mind, what is your credit profile like? Score, Utl, AAoA, negatives?

I too applied about 2 days ago and haven't gotten a decision. I'm getting a little anxious.

Score was 806 EQ at the time, 2% Uti, AAOA 6 years, no negatives. Instant approval $8000. Also Discover More at $7500. Good Luck!

Fico scores 800+
Message 4 of 5
akabigo
Contributor

Just got the reply from Citi...Thanks for the replies

Congratulations on your new ThankYou Preferred card!

We can confirm that the offer was correctly established when the account was opened. The terms of the offer indicate that 15,000 bonus ThankYou points will be awarded if your spending reaches $1000 between 11/29/12 and 2/28/13.

Please be advised that returns and/or merchant credits may impact the overall sales total and prevent the points from awarding.

We realize that as a consumer you have many choices, so we thank you for choosing us.

Fico scores 800+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.