Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Discover IT Chrome Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my Discover IT Chrome Secured

I'm jealous, buy the time I qualify for their secured I'll qualify for all their cards Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats welcome to the discover family!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really want it, you should try. Youre scores are highter than mine, as you can see, AND I have a $5k CO with Discover from 2009 that is still unpaid, yet they approved me for the secured! I literally could not believe it; I had to call them to correct something on my application and fully expected to be immediately routed to collections.  But, their CS department was SO, SO NICE and the old CO account was never even mentioned.   

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Funny, I save mine too for all my cards. Not sure why. lol. I will have to look up the difference in the Chrome IT and IT cards. I didn't know there was different ones. It looks cool so that can't be a good thing. I bet it goes like this: Chrome: Higher APR and low CLI's. That would be my kind of luck. The mag strip being chrome is really cool. So when this graduates, will it be considered a Prime card? 

The difference is the reward structure.  The It Chrome has static 2% back at Gas Stations and Restaurants and 1% back everywhere else, and the Discover It has the 5% rotating categories and 1% everywhere else.  So far as I know, the APR and growth potential is about the same and has more to do with your personal profile than anything else.

Discover is what is considered a prime lender who occasionally offers a product to a subprime borrower.  

Message 14 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Funny, I save mine too for all my cards. Not sure why. lol. I will have to look up the difference in the Chrome IT and IT cards. I didn't know there was different ones. It looks cool so that can't be a good thing. I bet it goes like this: Chrome: Higher APR and low CLI's. That would be my kind of luck. The mag strip being chrome is really cool. So when this graduates, will it be considered a Prime card? 

The difference is the reward structure.  The It Chrome has static 2% back at Gas Stations and Restaurants and 1% back everywhere else, and the Discover It has the 5% rotating categories and 1% everywhere else.  So far as I know, the APR and growth potential is about the same and has more to do with your personal profile than anything else.

Discover is what is considered a prime lender who occasionally offers a product to a subprime borrower.  

Thanks. If they made the decision to do Chrome based on my habits then their system is spot on. I like an effortless card. My QS1's get alot more Cb than I thought they ever would so I am looking forward to adding this to the mix. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Thanks. If they made the decision to do Chrome based on my habits then their system is spot on. I like an effortless card. My QS1's get alot more Cb than I thought they ever would so I am looking forward to adding this to the mix. 

The Secured Card that can be direct app'd for now is a Chrome card, not a regular It.  I got mine the 'old' way as a counter offer and I think I've read a few people saying they've done PCs into the It from the It Chrome, but they are different products completely.  You app'd for an It Chrome if that's what you got.

Message 16 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Well I am back here once more. Old thread but it has been 1 year since I got IT Secured. Waiting to see if she graduates or not. I honestly don't know what to expect. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 17 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It should be ready to convert.  Give them a call and see what's up.  Since they changed the policy to review at month 7 they've been converting like clockwork it seems.  Maybe they just need a little nudge.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.