cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Secured Deposit back from Cap One... What to do

tag
millworx

Got my Secured Deposit back from Cap One... What to do

So My Cap One secured served me well for rebuilding but now that I got a bunch of nice cards with high balances I decided to transfer the balance to my citi card since it has 0% interest for 18 months.

So I transfereed 768 bucks to the citi card and closed the account. Was surprised at how fast cap one sent the check, only 7 days. The check is for 899. Should I just pay off the balance with citi or I was thinking I could just be making more than the monthly payments each month to establish some history and hopefully get a nice bump in 6 months. It's my only card carrying a balance, and its at 18% util.

I'm never a fan of paying interest, but I guess since it's 0% it doesnt hurt. But would this make it more likely to get a CLI in 6 months or so if I carry a balance and make larger payments?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
navistar
Regular Contributor

Re: Got my Secured Deposit back from Cap One... What to do

Pay it below 10% if you want your credit score highest possible. If you dont care right now, Citi has never penalized me for carrying balances.

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.