Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my amazon card - question about cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my amazon card - question about cli

I was approved for the amazon store card on the 7th and got my "card" today.  My starting limit is $2,700  I remember seeing someone tell me to be sure and request a CLI when I set up my account.  I know others have talked about immediate increases with Amazon too.  

My question is, should I request it via luv button or via their chat??  I haven't set up my account yet because I wanted clarification on this before setting it all up.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: Got my amazon card - question about cli

Online chat or over the phone is where everyones getting those easy increases.

The auto cli option seems to decline most people.  (It declined me, 2 days later I got a 2500 bump from online chat)

Message 2 of 10
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I got it for 2+ years now, got an auto cli maybr 3 months after I opened it, tried the phone cli and was denied every single time. Perfect payment history, and never paid interest (maybe that's why).
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone or chat should be good. I got my approval and CLI on the same day via phone. I didn't even wait for the card. Approved for 1.2K SL, called and asked for CLI which was granted to $5K. Called again next day and was given another $1K. Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the amazon store card on the 7th and got my "card" today.  My starting limit is $2,700  I remember seeing someone tell me to be sure and request a CLI when I set up my account.  I know others have talked about immediate increases with Amazon too.  

My question is, should I request it via luv button or via their chat??  I haven't set up my account yet because I wanted clarification on this before setting it all up.  Thanks!

Call, Call, Call!  Credit Solutions.  I just applied last week and got a 1000.00 credit line and I immediately called right then and asked for 4000.00 and it was granted.  With your starting limit of 2700.00, you should ask for at least 10,000!!!   They will counter if they can't give you the full requested amount.  Let us know and Good Luck!!!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged in to my Amazon account and saw the chat button.  I decided to give it a go.  I told the rep that while I appreciated being approved and received my card, I was disappointed with the low starting limit and would like to discuss a higher limit.  The rep I got told me that he couldn't do that, he would have to request an increase just like I would and it could result in another inquiry.  I told him that I didn't want another inquiry since they pulled it a week ago to approve the card.  We hit a stalemate. 

This is my first time trying to get an increase like this.  I obviously am doing something wrong.  Any tips or help?

Message 6 of 10
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

How hard was it to get Barclays? I apped Sat and got the 8-10 day info after apping to PB and getting 3K....I dont get it?!!?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged in to my Amazon account and saw the chat button.  I decided to give it a go.  I told the rep that while I appreciated being approved and received my card, I was disappointed with the low starting limit and would like to discuss a higher limit.  The rep I got told me that he couldn't do that, he would have to request an increase just like I would and it could result in another inquiry.  I told him that I didn't want another inquiry since they pulled it a week ago to approve the card.  We hit a stalemate. 

This is my first time trying to get an increase like this.  I obviously am doing something wrong.  Any tips or help?

While I do not know if this makes a difference, it shouldn't, but I did apply for the CLI the same day I was approved.  Do you have several Synchrony accounts?  That is really strange especially with your credit scores.  They are higher than mine.  Boy, credit isn't an exact science.  One thing after re reading your post, I called Credit Solutions and spoke to a live person.  That is the only thing, I did differently.  
Message 8 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I got my Amazon store card two months ago with a $1400 ICL. Put a lot of spend on it. and then req a CLI using the Luv button denied. Immed went to chat and after 5minutes was approved for 5k.  Def use the chat option.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now there is confirmation that both methods are very effective!  Good luck to you.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.